Maryn's Birthday
I can't believe how fast two years has gone by! This week was Maryn's 2nd Birthday and what a party it has been. Hello, terrible twos and goodbye, my sweet little baby! I used to think it was all a myth, but in fact, it is true...two years old is not as pleasant as the first few years. I'm sure, hidden underneath that facade of the little girl who likes to do exactly the opposite of what I tell her, or just ignore me all together, is that sweet little girl, who was so terrified of her mother's scorn. Some day, I hope to see that obedient little girl again. But as they say, not all dreams were meant to come true.
Well, enough of my troubles and on to news of the party. It was small and simple, since we've been crazy busy trying to get ready for the movers on Monday. We invited our friends, the Browns (seen here), over to help us celebrate, and as a 
chance to say goodbye. It's always a special treat to have friends over, but Maryn just wasn't used to being the center of attention and was acting pretty shy. Either that, or she was scared of her Cookie Monster Cake. Or, it may have been a combination of the two.
We did our best to take pictures of the birthday girl, but she refused to look at the camera and insisted upon pushing Cookie Monster away from her. These are pretty much the only pictures we have where she was looking at Kade and smiling. Then, we sang, blew out the candles with a little help, ate cake (which Maryn refused to touch...I do think she was scared of it. She has never passed up chocolate before.) and of course opened presents. She seems to have gotten the hang of that. She loved all of her new presents and often says she wants to "play wif new toys." It's too bad that they all get packed up on Monday, and won't be seen for 2 months. All in all it was a very fun and boisterous party and Maryn was able to successfully turn two. We are so blessed to have Maryn and even on the bad days we're very thankful to have her in our family.
4 comments:
I can't believe it's been two years since I saw you last! The party looked like fun even if Maryn was "pretending" to not like it. That cake was awesome, Bryan and I agree! Hope the move goes well!!!
What a beautiful girl. I wish I could claim genes that come from my family. I can say my baby looks a little bit like Maryn though. Can't wait to see you guys have a safe and happy move!
Hey, you have my blogspot address wrong that's why you can't link from your blog to mine.
www.roundyfamilyblog.blogspot.com
Emily, what a cute cake. Did you make it? It is nice to see you blogging. Your little girl is so cute too! Good luck with your move. I think I remember Allison saying it was back to Kentucky.
Post a Comment