Tuesday, November 27, 2007

I'm it.

So, I guess there is this little game circling amongst bloggers these days, and I am apparently it. I was tagged by, not one, not two, not three...but four people. Thank you, Thank you, Thank you, and Thank you. I think I am really, really, really, really it. Here goes:

Rules
1. The player lists 6 facts/habits about themselves - try to find 6 you haven't already posted about.
2. At the end of the post, the player tags 6 people and posts their names, and then goes to their blog and leaves them a comment, letting them know they have been tagged and asking them to read your blog for the rules.

Numero Uno: When I was a little girl, (and maybe a little bit older, too) I used to think my dolls and stuffed animals were alive. They wouldn't move when people were watching, but I was sure at night they walked and talked with each other. No doubt this idea came from a movie or something. Anywho...I was very certain of this, and I even went so far as to have an escape route to save them all should our house ever catch fire. Forget my family, save the dolls.

#2: I am about to share with the world my most embarrassing moment. Except for the witnesses (who have thankfully never mentioned it) and my sister, Jill, I have never told anyone, should I die from shame. Here goes...
Kade and I were living in Germany. At the time, we only knew a few people...mostly people from work and church, so we decided that we wanted more friends. Well, one day at work, Kade met a nice guy and invited him and his wife and baby over for dinner, as well as one of the single guys from work. They came and we ate and chatted, and had a nice evening. We thought for sure they were insta-friends. Well, the night grew late and it was time to leave, so we were all standing around talking. The husband had gone into the bathroom, so I was talking with the wife and Kade was standing with the single guy. Now, in my defense, I was in fact 8 months pregnant at the time. For those of you who have never been 8 months pregnant, those babies get really heavy and put a lot of pressure on your gut, and sometimes you can't control bodily functions, like pee, or in my case farts. So, I accidentally let one rip in front of everyone. New friends and all. And the worst part was, I tried to play it off like it wasn't me. Oh, the embarrassment!! Inside I wanted to die while everyone was looking at me, but my outside put on a face like, it wasn't me! It might have been my squeaky shoe.
They never called us again.

#3: I get scared really really easily. I used to watch old sci-fi movies with my dad and have nightmares for weeks...or years...afterwards. The fear in my head that lasted the longest was that there was a vine growing underneath my bed and it was going to grow out and strangle me while I slept. I don't like scary movies and I will never again attend a haunted house that uses chain saws.

#4: Once I was playing baseball with some friends. I turned around to run and catch a ball, but ran into a tree instead. That is why I won't play sports near trees anymore.

#5: I love to sing. I know a song for just about everything. I especially love to sing really loud in the car and at home when I am alone. Maryn just ignores me. My favorite song to sing to is "Total Eclipse of the Heart."

#6: I truly believe that laughter is the best medicine. I love to laugh. Especially gut busters, which don't happen as often as they used to. Being with my family is very rejuvenating for me because I laugh a lot when I'm with them. Sometimes I think to myself, "Self, it's been a long time since you laughed hard." So, I conjure up a memory and start to laugh. My favorite one is when my mom stepped out of a canoe into about 3 feet of water. I was laughing too hard to even help her out.

Now, then. Those are my dirty little secrets. I'm sorry but according to the rules I have to tag 6 more people. Here they are: Ben and Krystal O., Julie B., Dani G., Ed and Shelly M., Karen S. (I don't know if she even blogs anymore), and Laura J. Don't hate me. I had to choose you because you were the only people left on my list of blogging friends that hadn't tagged me. Have fun!!

3 comments:

ollie said...

That fart story is hilarious!!!! I guess that means all the times I have farted in front of people and tried to "play it off" they really knew it was me. Dang it, I thought I had them fooled!

Heather said...

Hey, funny stories! I need your address for Christmas cards email it to me please: heather@bornclassified.com

Allison said...

Oh, Em, I love ya.