Sunday, July 13, 2008

He Knows Me All Too Well...

So, Kade and have will have been married for 7 years on August 4. Seven years is a pretty long time, and in such a long time, you tend to get to know the other person really well. Last night was a revelation to me that Kade truly knows my dark side/faults.
Sometimes I get obsessed (I think that's a good way to put it) about getting things done. I cannot go to bed without accomplishing the task I set out to do. If I go to bed mid-task, I will dream about it all night long....and that's no good. Well, we finally moved the baby's dresser into the room yesterday and I wanted to put the changing table attachment on. I got everything out, but couldn't find the hardware to attach it with. I searched all the boxes in the attic, through all the drawers of baby stuff, and even the tool box. No luck. At about 12:00 am, I was finally about to give up and just go to bed. Any normal person would have. But I'm not normal. I decided to look one last place. I sneaked into Maryn's room and looked in her drawers and, yeah! There is was! I came out into the office where Kade was and announced happily that I had found it! He turned around in the chair and said so very matter of factly, "You just couldn't sleep until you found it, huh?"
I went to bed happy. Late, but happy.

3 comments:

Laura Jansson said...

Emily, that is EXACTLY how I am, I can totally sympathize. LOL. Glad you found it. :)

Allison said...

You know that is one of the thing I admire most about you. You just get so much accomplished during one day. I aspire to be that way.

Kade and Emily said...

Please don't think of me as a gunner. It's only when I feel the pressure to get things done that I work till late hours of the night. Other than that I'm a totaly procrastinater.