I just thought I would let the rest of the outside world know that we are still alive. This week has been a bit of a bugger. On Sunday we had a MAJOR windstorm. I think there were reports of 75 mph winds...a category 1 hurricane. Hmmmm. An earthquake, now a hurricane?? We live in Kentucky for cryin' out loud!! Well, to make a long story short, we have no power. And probably we won't have power for what will feel like the next 10 years. Our neighbor's trees fell down and knocked out the power lines in front of our house, which ripped the power line to our house which ripped the fuse box and meter box off our house. It is a HUGE mess! We will for sure post pictures when we finally get power back.
As for now, we are living off the good graces of friends to let us use their warm showers and wash our clothes. I can't thank them enough.
Hopefully we will be restored shortly. Until then, Adieu.
6 comments:
Wish we were closer and could help out -- yikes, you had some scary winds. Hope all is well!
hey that stinks. I miss the great storms out there, but i can't honestly say I would miss something like that. I hope LG&E gets you all fixed up soon.
Oh my...I thought I had it bad because my internet wouldn't work for 5 or 6 days! Hope you get your power back soon. I can't even imagine what that would be like with 2 little ones!
That is awful! Hope that it gets back to normal soon for you.
i hope you guys get your power back soon!! we finally did at 8pm tongiht. let us know if we can do anything for you!
Good luck! I hope your life returns to normal soon!
Post a Comment