We like our house. Well, it's actually a duplex. It's in a quiet little neighborhood that is 10 minutes from any store you would ever need to shop at. There is a walking trail that goes right behind our backyard fence, and it is .8 miles to the elementary school that Maryn (hopefully) will be starting pre-school at in August. My only complaint is that there is a big hill blocking our view of the mountains.
I guess we can't have it all.
We've really liked it here. The sun shines a lot, but I have loved watching the thunderstorms roll over the valley. Now that our house is put together, we've got to start on making friends. A couple of the gals from the ward invited us out to the Aurora Reservoir yesterday. It was great! It was like being at the beach, but smaller, and without the fear of being eaten by a shark. I'll have to be better about re-sun screening next time...we all got sun burned.
Catchin' a few rays...eatin' a bit of sand. Life is complete.
Tryin' out those sweet goggles.
We miss Kentucky and all the friends we made there. We hope everyone is doing well there, or getting settled after moving. This was probably one of the most difficult moves we've had to make, but all good things must come to an end, right? Thankfully, no one here has asked me (yet) why I don't have a strong southern accent, or how it is that I still have all my teeth.
7 comments:
We miss you guys here in Kentucky. I'm glad you're all settled, it takes me at least a month to hang pictures! The ward here has changed a lot, Landon misses all his friends, but we are glad you're enjoying Colorado and even a paycheck!
We miss you guys too. Looks like you're having fun there already. Can't believe Ailee is one!! This last year went by so fast. Glad you're getting settled. You'll have tons of friends in no time!!
Ohhh Colorado. What a fantastic place! The afternoon thunderstorms are THE best, arent they? Enjoy it! You are missed around here though...:) Stay well.
Yeah... we totally miss you guys here too. There were a couple of times during Sunday school that Shane leaned over and said, "Oooohhh, I would have LOVED to have known Kade's response to that!!!!" lol! Glad the move has gone well for you!
i just tell people i'm from the "normal part" of kentucky. though i think the best question i've been asked is if we have indoor plumbing. this was in Idaho of all places.
Congrats on getting moved in! Hopefully you will love Denver just as much as everywhere else! Looks like a fun place I wish we had something like it closer to us!
Glad you're getting settled in! Miss you guys!
Post a Comment