Sunday, July 19, 2009

We're Party ANIMALS!!

Last Thursday was Ailee's first birthday. It's hard to believe that she is already a year old--it seems like it was just yesterday that Ailee delivered herself. ;) Being the nice parents that we are, we decided that a family party was in order. Maryn agreed because she wanted ice cream. Don't mind my poor excuse for a cake in the picture above. I was out of good ideas, and since I have spent 99.9% of my time this week unpacking boxes and hanging pictures, time. Those white lumps are supposed to be polka dots, and that unstable looking line on the side is supposed to be a squiggle.
I won't quit my day job.
This was Ailee's reaction to her lousy cake: Or maybe it was our singing. Who knows...she sure didn't like something.
After an apparently pathetic rendition of "Happy Birthday," we got ready for presents!! Just a few pictures of the festivities:
Ailee getting ready for some heavy duty wrapping paper tearing with some push ups. "ONE! Tubby, Tubby. TWO! Tubby, Tubby. Three! Tubby, Tubby..."

Me and my gals


This was the only picture we got during the wrapping paper disassembly process (which Maryn was good enough to take charge of...) in which anyone is actually looking at the camera.

Ailee is such a funny girl with lots of personality. She's a chatter box and loves being held. Her big brown eyes have me wrapped around her finger, and I can't get enough of her snuggles. I love it when she surprises me with funny things she's learned. A few months ago, I was asked to help conduct the music for Sacrament meeting at church. Kade wasn't there yet, so I handed her to another sister, Julie, in our ward. After the music was over, I went to pick her up, and Julie whispered to me, "She totally prays!" I thought it was just a fluke, or something, but after the closing prayer, Kade said to me, "Did you know that she folds her arms during the prayer?" I guess it was something she'd noticed, and just picked it up one day. I've tried and tried to get it on video, but with no success. Oh well, you believe me, right?
Another funny talent Ailee has pleased many audiences with is blowing spit bubbles:

(Video compliments of my bro-in-law, Mike)

Ailee LOVES cell phones, so for one of her presents, I bought her a toy phone that does not call other countries, or various people in the contacts list on my phone. (Sorry to those who've received unexpected calls from my children!!) Now if only I can limit the amount of time she spends on her phone talking to her other baby friends.
Baby 1: "Ew, did you, like, see that frumpy outfit that baby girl was wearing today?"
Baby 2: "Like, yeah! That diaper totally makes her but look so big!"

This must be the same look I give to Maryn when I say, "I am on the phone, can it wait just a minute?!"
Happy Birthday Ailee! We sure love you, and we're glad to have such a sweet addition to our fmaily.

8 comments:

ollie said...

Happy Birthday Ailee! Wow.. I can't believe she's 1 too! So weird....

Looks like the rental house is a nice one. Hope all is well in Colorado!

Collette and Kevin said...

awww, happy birthday sweet ailee. looks like it was a fun one. hope things are going well foryou guys!

Stephanie @ dirtandlace.com said...

Aww, happy birthday to Ailee! I think that cake is pretty cute, actually!

Mbeth said...

she is one talented girl.

Roundy Clan said...

Man that year has gone by fast! Happy birthday Ailee

Laura Jansson said...

A year!?!? She is just a doll, Em! I'm glad you all are settling in and like your new place so well. Good luck finishing finding places for all the things in boxes--that's always the worst!! I love Ailee's bubble talent, by the way :)

Me said...

Has it already been a year? I keep threatening to put bricks on my kids heads so they will stop this growing nonsense.
Congrats on your move. I am SO jealous that you guys get to be in CO. Those are my old stomping grounds. Hope you guys enjoy it. You should get Ailee an ATV or snowmobile for her birthday. Maybe Christmas......

Love,

Kathryn Farnsworth

TheWeaverFamily said...

She has gotten so big! I can't believe it has been a year! It was so fun to be able to watch her and Maryn! She is a doll! We will definitly be visiting you in CO!
Amber
ps Caiden misses Maryn!