What do you do when life hands you lemons?
You make lemonade.
Now, what do you do when Mother Nature hands you 18 inches of snow?
You make SNOWCREAM!!
Which is what we did last night. We have most definitely been hit full force by an early wintry storm. Yesterday, we were at least able to get out and run errands. Today, we are snowed in....and it's still snowing. Fortunately our forecast for the weekend is good. That's what I like about Colorado. You get snow, then it melts. I give this round until Sunday before we see the green, green grass of home.
At least it's nice fluffy snow, which is perfect for snowcream. Have you ever had it? Mmmm, it's good. And fun for the kids to make.
In a large mixing bowl, mix together:
1 cup powdered milk
1 cup sugar
2 Tbsp butter
1/2 cup hot water
until the mixture is smooth. Put it in the fridge until cooled (I mixed mine up while I was making dinner, and it was cooled by the time we finished).
Mix in:
1 Tsp. vanilla
1 Tsp. vanilla
A pinch of salt
A whole lot (more than you think, or else it is too strong) of WHITE fluffy snow. If it's icy, it won't mix as well.
I always liked crushed peppermint or chocolate syrup on top. It melts fast, so eat it fast.
Enjoy your snowcream. We, in the meantime, will be digging ourselves out of the snow.
6 comments:
Only 18 inches? Ahhhh, that's just something for 4-wheel drive to handle! LOL Looks YUMMY though!
SNOW CREAM!!! That is my favorite memory of you! I'm so excited you get to enjoy it almost all year round, now! Sounds so yummy. I've even told my kids about how you used to always make that stuff. We'll have to try it this year now that we have the recipe. What fun to have snow!
oh i haven't had snowcream in forever. that definately makes a lot of snow ok.
Never heard of snow cream but it sounds yummy! We may have to try it this year, considering we will get our fair share of snow this winter! We might actually avoid snow this halloween! Have fun trick or treating in it!!
I have looked and looked for this recipe for about... 10 years now. I'm so glad you posted it!! So why did you have to wait until I left Colorado to move there??
I wish it snowed here....booooooo! :D
Post a Comment