I tried my best to get a picture of all the older kids together. My nephew Parker just wouldn't have it, so we'll just have to imagine him in.
Ailee was a brave two year old, and walked most of the way herself. She loves keeping up with the older kids, but wasn't very keen on taking a picture.
Maryn is our champion hiker. Anything that involves the great out doors and the possibility of yummy snacks is right up her alley.
Maryn and Hailey were pretty inseparable during their visit. I love this picture of the two of them together.
And of course, our little Cora was pretty happy being strapped to her mama.
Our journey ended shortly after getting down into the canyon, as two little Roundy girls suddenly had to use the restroom. Peeing in the grass was out of the question. Kade ran back up the trail with the girls [and made it just in time!] while my sister and I walked back with the other little ones.
After the first picture, I told her to smile, so that she wouldn't look so scary:
Somewhere along the path, my niece, Paige, got a bloody nose. We aren't sure what triggered it, so we are just guessing it was the change in altitude/dry climate. She was a very good sport about it--it didn't seem to phase her at all. I had to get a quick picture before she got cleaned up:
Didn't quite work. (this picture makes me laugh!)
It was an enjoyable weekend, and fun to have family in town. The only thing I would have changed would be the weather. Colorado has great sunshine, and I think they came on the only overcast weekend. Cold weather or not, it was good to have them.
THE END
3 comments:
that is an amazing bloody nose. wow.
Looks like fun. The bloody nose cracks me up.
I love how you're so quick to capture those special moments on film. You are a great photographer!
Post a Comment