Sunday, November 06, 2011

The Three Good Fairies

As I was packing up for our move, I came upon a cute little tutu I'd made for Cora's pictures a while back. It gave me an idea for the girls' Halloween costumes. They were pretty excited at my idea of being fairies this year.
Three little fairies, ready to get their Trick-r-Treatin' on:I had a stroke of luck as I was strolling through Target one day. Maryn had asked to be a purple fairy, Ailee [of course] pink, and Cora already had a blue tutu. They were just starting to put out their Halloween stuff, and I noticed they had purple, pink, and blue wings out on the shelf. Like they were just waiting for me to walk by. They were perfect for little fairies:

This year was Cora's first Halloween. Not to sound biased or anything, but I think she was the cutest fairy out there, drool and all.






Little Ailee was in Girl Heaven prancing around in her costume. This girl lives and breathes for anything pretty, sparkly or froofy, and fairy costumes are all of those things.


Maryn was our lead fairy. She knew exactly how this Halloween business works. Ring the doorbell, say the magic words, hold the bucket out for candy. Ailee has been well taught.



When we got home with buckets filled with candy, Maryn and Ailee dumped theirs out on the floor to check out their loot. As per tradition, they picked out 10 pieces of candy each, and traded the rest for a toy. While they were picking their candy, Cora suddenly realized what it was, then realized that she didn't have any. Hence this:
She was one sad fairy.



I found her some candy.....

And life was good.

HAPPY HALLOWEEN 2011

1 comment:

Tammy said...

Adorable costumes! You have three very cute fairies. I love when things work out like that. Hurrah for Target!