Just kidding.
Our idea of "Roughin' It" means we don't have a TV.
So, I guess, this post here means that once we "Roughed It" for nine days. (Boy was it fun to just relive that memory)
Anywho. Back to camping.
We drove out to Canyon Lake to a campsite (complete with bathrooms and electricity for all you fair weather campers like myself!!). After setting up, the kids were ready to go swimming in the chilly lake.
(Kenna, Ailee, Tyler, Maryn and Emma)
Cora LOVED the tents. This was her favorite "Just Chillaxin'" position.
What a nut.
Ailee saw me with my camera and had to strike her usual pose
The cutest picture, EVER, of Ailee and Kenna
Me an Allyson
So, Allyson's last name is Romney. Sounds a lot like Roundy, huh? And, her oldest daughter, Emma, is about the same age as Maryn, and has red hair like Maryn. I couldn't choose a better person for people to always confuse me with!
Ailee, Maryn, Madelyn, and Emma striking a diva pose
And just to be silly
A quiet, serene view as I walked from the bathroom. Thankful I had a bathroom. Though, we did run out of toilet paper in the morning...that was kinda rough.
Tyler, Brian, Kyle, and Marcus...The boys + Cora
The Menfolk: Mike, Kade, and Brent
A picture of the whole gang!!
Tyler and Ailee playing a little frisbee.
Most of Texas is under a fire ban, due to the drought. As night set in, we became increasingly aware of how important it is to have a fire when camping. Fires provide 1.) Warmth 2.) Light 3.) Something to congregate around. Without a fire, we felt a little...lost. We did manage to roast a few 'mallows over the camp stove, but my best trick was to download a Fireplace App onto my iPad. It even made crackling noises. I wish I had taken a picture of how pathetic we looked congregating around it.
It was quite a nice weekend to go camping. The weather, though cloudy, was not too hot, and not too cold. I slept well, considering it was on the ground.
Morning came with the sunrise, and though I didn't get very many pictures, I did capture this moment where Cora was riding in style on Kade's shoulders.
Oh, that kid.
And, what would camping be without iPad time with friends??
It was a fun little diversion from the ordinarities of life. Thanks to Bushmans for coming up with the idea, and Romneys for joining in on the fun. I think in the future we can look forward to some possible beach camping!!

1 comment:
How fun for you guys. I miss you guys.
Post a Comment