Over the summer, I had signed Kade and the older girls up for the Color Run (a 5K) here in San Antonio. I have declared myself as a Non-Runner, so I didn't think too much about it.
Until I went to pick up all their stuff.
I'll put this out there right now…I am not a runner. My body does not like to run. It's not opposed to exercise or workouts…those are great, but running? Nuh uh.
Anywho, when I got to the store to pick up everyone's packets, all the pictures and pretty colors and fun looking things kinda made me want to join in on the fun. So I signed myself up, too!
All ready to get our run on:
Some pretty clouds showed up...
And dumped rain on us for about 20-30 minutes. They had to deflate the finish line so it wouldn't blow away. I had wondered off with Ailee when the rain hit. Luckily we were right next to a sponsor's canopy, so we went in to learn a little more about their product.
The rain finally let up and we were "HAPPY" to get started.
I'm not going to lie, I was a little nervous to get from Point A to Point B without dying.
Kade and Maryn ran ahead, while Ailee was my running buddy. We had a lot of fun together! We made sure to stop at every color and get a squirt of paint in her hair. Ailee came out pretty colorful!
I think the red stuck to her scalp for several days.
Kade and I got our fair share of color, too!
Our fellow running buddies, Jen and Jace managed to photo bomb our selfie.
We are a colorful family!
We found lots of friends there, too. That was some good, colorful fun!
Watching the crowd throw paint into the air:
Kaleidoscope Maryn:
And Kaleidoscope Ailee:
1 comment:
Let's do one together! The two Roundy families. Let's find one in the spring some where close to you or me or somewhere in-between. It would be fun! My kids would love it. :-)
Post a Comment