Kade's brother, Cody, and his family recently relocated closer to us. It makes me so happy to have family close by. We planned a little beach getaway before school started.
The beach is my happy spot. It's hard to be unhappy on the beach!
Lots of digging happened. My one beach-going tip is this: Invest in good shovels. Those cheap shovels that come with the buckets are garbage. You get one good dig out of them. Kids see miles and miles of sand, and that urge to dig in it kicks in. Get good shovels, and kids will be happy all day. Well, until you go home that is.
Kannon trying out the water:
I think he loved how the sand felt on his feet. I feel the same way, buddy. I feel the same.
Ailee catching some waves:
Cody out with his kids…I love how shallow the water is along the gulf.
We found a little Mermaid in the sand:
This little guy decided to give the sand a taste…
Kayla and Tyler doing some time in the hole. Looks like Kayla is threatening me with a Sand Ball Fight!
Sometimes even little boys need a good watering:
I'm sure this will be the first of many trips to the beach with Cody and Katie! It's too bad school starts on Monday…I could use a few more weekends like this!
No comments:
Post a Comment