Last summer we got to thinking that it was about time to start taking the steps toward home ownership. We've really liked the area we've lived in for the last 3 years, and really wanted to stay here. I went to all the neighborhoods and did some recon, and finally decided on a neighborhood just a mile and a half away. I poured through house plans and scouted out lots, made a million decisions on tile and cabinets and finishes, and after lots and lots of deliberating, we signed a contract on this:
Well, it needed some work.
It was so fun to watch this big empty lot magically turn into something wonderful for our family.
It was fun to drive by one day and see a foundation!
Then, the framing started.
Then, a second story.
Then, a roof.
And more roof.
It kind of seemed to take shape overnight.
It just got better and better.
The girls made thought it was so great to stop by the house.
Plywood up, now it's time for shingles.
A view of the progress from the back:
Slowly, things were being put into place. It was exciting to get a driveway and a sidewalk. And windows.
A view of the back yard with our pretty trees.
Inside, the walls were getting sheetrock.
I was pretty excited when the cabinets were put in.
Then the brick started.
And the tile got started.
Kade's spa bath.
Another view of the backside.
Then we got a fireplace!
Suddenly, it was almost done.
Carpet was one of the last things.
Making carpet angels.
Then a backyard for us to play in.
Then, one day, after a very long and stressful few weeks that involved walk throughs, lots of sick kids (thank you RSV and impetigo...you really made my life harder), people not doing their jobs, then finally...FINALLY...we signed papers.
And we had keys.
OUR KEYS!
OUR HOUSE!
I love everything.
I don't love moving.
But I love our house.
Because it's beautiful! And it's OUR beautiful!
Even Kannon was excited about a new place to play with his cars.
The view looking up from our hammock is amazing.
{sigh}
We are truly blessed. Kade has a great and successful business that he has worked hard to build. Our kids are healthy and [mostly] happy. We have a good life. Sometimes I feel like I need to pinch myself.







No comments:
Post a Comment