We were fortunate enough to have good friends here in Louisville who helped us get settled. The Cotton's were excellent hosts who made us feel right at home. They even helped us find the house we are renting here. It's
a cute little 3 bedroom home with a garage (with an automatic garage door opener...we're moving up in the world) and a nice big yard to play in. You can't beat the location. It's only a 10 minute drive to UofL and Maryn and I can walk to the zoo anytime. A Walmart grocery store is 2 minutes away, as is DQ and Qdoba's. And, no more driving 30 minutes to church!!! It's only 5 minutes. Life cannot get better...unless we get our furniture soon. We're...I mean I...am doing a little bit of redecorating inside. It's been a HUGE job. If I'd known what I was getting into, I may not have done it. But now that the end is in sight, I'm pretty happy with it. I've been taking down mauve and teal wall paper...hello 1992!! It's been replaced with yellow and green painted walls. It's not a perfect job, but considering the old walls I had to work with, I think it's an improvement. I just don't know what to do with the wall of wood paneling. Ugh. Oh well, it's only for 2 years!
I think it will be a great house. Our landlords have been patient with us. (In the first couple of weeks we had a leaky fridge, got locked out of the house, and broke the dishwasher. I'm just glad I don't have to fix it!) But, I think that any landlord is an improvement on the l
ast...
Oh, and my favorite feature is the screened in porch. It has been a lifesaver!! As you may know, KY summers get a little warm. So it's nice that I can sent Maryn out into the shaded porch to play while I paint. The little swing out there has been my temporary couch. I found these cute outdoor pillows and now it's a great place to set. Pretty much it's the only place to sit besides camp chairs (which we are still very grateful for!).
Thing are becoming more settled everyday. Hopefully our stuff will arrive soon. I've tried my best to make do with what we have. A few weeks after we moved in, I asked Kade if it was starting to feel like home. He told me, "No, there's no TV." He was on my bad list for a while with that response.
We hope to see lots of friends and family out our way. We have an extra bedroom and anyone is welcome!
3 comments:
Very Cute House! I am so excited that you're back, I can't tell you that enough. I missed you guys. I just can't wait to see how much Maryn has grown in person.
Welcome Home.
maryn already looks like she has grown since we saw her last! cure house, and cute blog (i like Kade's tv comment- typical!) but did you really have to rub it in all that great stuff about being back in the states???? ;)
I love the house, so glad to hear that you're there in Kentucky and loving be an American again! I'll be in town in a few weeks (the 25th) for Amy's wedding reception! You should come....it's at the NEW church building in Crestwood.
Post a Comment