Thursday, February 21, 2008
I Spy With My Little Eye
I was feeling extra crafty yesterday and made this little I Spy Bag for Maryn. This was actually a project I started about 1 and 1/2 ago or so, I just never got it going. We finally made a trip to Micheals and found some small wooden cut-outs to fill it up with for 25 cents each, and some cute lady bug flannel at Walmart. It was pretty easy once I figured out the measurments (I have terrible math skills...you be surprised how much that effects sewing!), and Maryn was pretty eager to help. She seems to enjoy the "spying" so far. I made the objects in her bag a little bit bigger, 'cause, well, she's only 2 years old. The bag ended up being about 8 and 1/2" square with 40 objects to spy. We'll see how well the quality of my sewing skills hold up to a 2 year old.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
I love those little spy bags! Maybe when Bethany gets a little older, I'll have you help me make her one. I love the ladybug print. Nice work! :)
Do kids really like those things??? I've always thought they were stupid looking, but EVERYBODY makes them. Have I really been depriving my kids all these years????
Oh yeah... YOUR spy bag isn't stupid looking. Everybody ELSE'S is. Just to clear that up -- best bud! lol!
you seriously are one of the craftiest peeps i know!! what a fun idea. maryn is a lucky girl to have you as her mamasita!!
Nicely done craftychik ;) I have one that I got the materials for right after we moved here but never put it together....might want to before Madison grows "out" of it. I have another one that I made when Corben was little, but it has a hole in the plastic-needs a fix it up job.
Love the ladybugs....k, now I want to sew something.
that looks way cute. i wish i was any good at sewing. I made a pillow once and a pillow case, and pajama bottoms that look like clown pants.
We have one and my kids just love it! I bring it to church quite often because it is a quite activity for them to do. Great job I love the fabric!
I've seen those. I like the material you picked.
Post a Comment