Wednesday, April 16, 2008

My March Madness

Apparently I am lame and I have nothing else happening in my life to blog about. I apologize.

A couple of weeks ago, I went to the hospital. Don't you worry your pretty little head, everything is just fine. The baby is doing very well and has no problem reminding me that she is alive and kicking (really). And I am feeling MUCH better. I'm not one to just up and go to the doctor over a little sneeze, but I'd been having some recurring pain over a several week period during March. Finally one day it got so bad that I cried, so I decided I couldn't go on like this and called Kade home from school. We get to the hospital, and of course the whole morning I'd been having crazy thoughts of all the things that could be wrong...which makes a pregnant woman in pain even more emotional. We check in, wait, then the nurse gives me the rundown of all the tests they are going to do. Ultrasounds of the baby, ultrasounds of my kidneys and bladder, blood work, urine samples, etc. Somewhere between the rundown and all the tests, the pain just goes away. Gone. No more. They find nothing on all the tests and ultrasounds. Nada. I think I was taking crazy pills.

Well, here is my theory. I think I had a kidney stone, and it passed before the renal ultrasound. I could be wrong (which never happens) but it's a theory that makes me feel better and not so wimpy.

My point of this post is not to whine and get your sympathy (well, maybe a little to whine), but we got several ultrasound pictures of the the baby and I thought I'd post my favorite. I'm sure that once we get our hospital bills, this will turn out to be a very expensive picture of our second child.

For those of you who can't figure out what the heck this is, it's a foot and a hiney. I do feel good knowing that my child has a least one foot, but with all the kicking that goes on in there, I think she may have 10. I don't know why I like this picture so much. I guess it's because when you have a child you think everything about him or her is so cute and precious (even butts) and this is a preview of things to come.

9 comments:

Jessie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jessie said...

Oops! spelling mistake! I like your diagnosis! Glad you are feeling better, and love the picture!

Dani said...

So this happens and perhaps it was a kidney stone, [ouch sorry!] but the next time you go in they roll their eyes and say oh great, it's the "phantom" pain prego lady! ;] j/k

Glad it's gone...whew! Oh and nice hiney! :)

ollie said...

I Like big butts and I cannot lie... you otha brothas can't deny!

Brady and Kariann said...

I'm glad you are feeling better! Love the ultrasound pic :)!!

Laura Jansson said...

Adorable! I love ultrasound pics like that! :) I hope the zoo was fun... I was so bummed that I couldn't go. We'll definitely schedule another day. Glad things are going to well for you! :)

Collette and Kevin said...

ultrasond pics are so fun. so sorry to hear that you were not feelin well though! anything out of the ordinary is never fun for a pregnant lady...it sends our imaginations through the roof!

Ben and Krystal said...

this kid must take after Kade because it sure looks like a big grey cloud of smoke behind her hiney!

Allison said...

That is one of the best ultrasound pics, I've seen.

Glad you're better. Hopefully the rest of the pregnancy goes painlessly and the epidural at the end is administered early.