Well, here's how it all panned out: I called into my hospital at some crazy hour of the morning and all the beds were full. So, I called back a few hours later--still full. They told me it would probably be afternoon. I ate some breakfast, ran to Walmart and before lunch took Maryn over to the park. While at the park my doctor called me and told me that there was a bed open at the other major hospital next to mine...I could take it if I hurried. Not wanting to have the world's most disappointing day, I told him I would be there ASAP. We rushed home from the park and threw our bags in the car. Kade dropped me off at the hospital to get registered while he took Maryn to our friend's, Maria, house. She was suuuuuper nice about taking an emotionally unstable 3 year old off our hands for the afternoon. We got into our room and the doctor came, gave me the patosin (spelling???) drip, and broke my water. I got to gorge myself on yummy popsicles and ice chips while I watched TV. A few hours later when I was about to cry, I asked my nurse for an epidural. When I was all numb (I can't express how grateful I am for epidurals!) she checked me and I was only at a lousy 4 cm. About an hour later, the nurse came in again, thinking I was probably at an 8 or something. She pulls back the sheets and exclaims, "Oh, you're crowning!" She rushed out of the room to call the doctor. Meanwhile I could feel the pressure of another hard contraction. The nurses came in and were very quickly trying to get things ready. Something felt really weird, so I asked the nurse to check. She pulled back the sheet and Voila! There was the head. Not even having time to put on gloves, she picked up the head and said push. I might have pushed, I'm not sure, but there was little girl number 2! Ailee pretty much delivered herself.
All gross and slimy
Words cannot express how grateful I am that my doctor recommended inducing. I really enjoyed having a smaller baby...recovery has been much easier! Plus, I didn't have to sit around twiddling my thumbs for too long. It was great!
She has been an excellent sleeper. I can't ask for much more than this!
Maryn seems to have taken to her. She asks to hold her and really likes to share things with her...cars, raisins, etc.
Coming home was nice. Kade has been an awesome husband and has been filling in on those mommy details I've been unable to. What a great family I have!
14 comments:
Congrats! Congrats! Congrats! Beautiful photos...and a beautiful family! I am really happy for you guys! Congrats again!
thanks for the pics. she is very cute. unfortunately you have got to know that whole sharing thing is not going to last long unless they are old raisins and cars being thrown. ;) Congratulations!
oh, i'm so excited!! i've been waiting patiently for pics! she's adorable and you look absolutely stunning for just having a baby! i'm so glad it went better for you this time! congrats!
What a cutie! Love the name. I can't wait to see her in person. Congratulations!
Congratulations!! We are so happy for you guys. She is adorable and what a cute name too! Glad you had a great delivery. Can't wait to see her.
Congratulations! She is beautiful, and I'm so glad things went so much better for you this time! :) Please let me know if you need anything! :)
Oh, I have been waiting to see her. Now I can't wait to hold her. She is beautiful. And what beautiful pictures, all except that slimy and gross one, no one is cute 30 seconds old. Not even my newest and cutest niece Ailee.
Congrats.
Awwwww. It makes me want to popped mine out now but i still have like 28 weeks left or something like that. I am so glad you had such a great delivery too. How awesome. Cute, cute pictures...I actually like the gross ones heehee
Hooray! What an adorable little girl! I love her name too! Glad that everything went well! Congratulations!
I'm so glad she's here safe & sound...you know...once they decide to move on and get here...there's just no stopping them! Amy did that...so if that tells you anything...watch out...you may really have your hands full! LOL :)
She is just a gorgeous little darlin' southern girl! No kraut this time around (wink wink)
Many congratulations! (And just make sure those raisins don't find their way into her nose ;)
Congratulations! I love her name. We need to come visit. We will be sure to bring all four boys too! J/k.
Congrats on your new baby girl!!! She is so cute! And I'm glad your delivery went so smooth!
awww. so cute, sorry im so late on the congrats. Congrats!
Post a Comment