There are so many things around my house that just scream "I HAVE KIDS!!!" I was sitting here at the computer when I noticed one of those things:
All the books at Maryn's level are pushed back on the shelf. My mom used to fuss at me for doing this exact thing. I have given up. For the next ?? number of years my books will be pushed back. My DVDs and CDs will have finger prints all over them. I will find toys in mysterious places. My kitchen floor will look like a feeding trough. There will be lip prints on the patio doors I just washed yesterday. My couch pillows will not ever be on the couch. My back yard will look like I run a daycare. The rug next to the bathtub will forever be wet. I will have fruit snacks and goldfish crackers as part of my food storage. I won't know what songs are in the top 10, but I do know every word to "5 Big Dump Trucks." My tupperware is no longer for storing food, but for carrying cars. The shirt I am wearing has food/spit up/boogies on it because apparently it is also a napkin. And, everything I used to own is now considered "theirs." This list could continue, but I'll stop there. Please, feel free to vent about how your life is not your own anymore either.
SIGH.
As we got home from the zoo today, I noticed the pretty flowers along our driveway were starting to die. I was trying to get a cute picture of Maryn smelling them. This one turned out to be my favorite. The look she's giving me ("I'm trying really hard to be patient while you boss me around")reminds me so much of Kade.
7 comments:
i remember doing that. those books were like a big red button waiting to be pushed. your ankles are looking lovely by the way.
I have on occassion felt like a human napkin.
I love the smelling the flowers picture. Very cute and her hair is looking mighty blond! All that sun!
Hey at least the books are still on the shelf. Hang on tight you're in for a ride.
Hmmmm....I need to go pull out all my books to the edge of the bookcase. I thought that's were they belonged -- at the back. Guess I should have payed more attention at the library.
I love the picture of Maryn. LOL Too funny :)
You forgot to put that no matter how much you vacuum it never looks like you did it at all! Your kids are cute!!! You are definately right about the life being taken over thing. I forget that human beings don't typically point and grunt when they want something.
Post a Comment