I'm sure you all know my feelings about winter. It has been crazy cold here. And dry. And static-y. So, being indoors ever so much more, I decided that instead of being a lazy bag of bones (that's what my dad would have said), I started some crafty little projects. I thought I would share them with you. Please hold your "ooooohs" and "aaaaahs" until the end. Thank you.
First off, while we were out at Kade's parent's house, his dad printed out some of our family pictures onto canvas for us. They turned out awesome! We printed them on a really big printer and stretched them onto an 11x16 frame. Instead of scattering them throughout the house, I wanted to make a display. I just needed a little something to fill in some extra space. I made this:
Fun, eh? As a side note, I would like so say that I am very glad a have a few skillz with man tools. In fact I love tools, particularly my power drill and my ratcheting screwdriver. I think one day when we have $, I want to buy a table saw so that I don't have to ask the boys at Home Depot to cut my pieces of wood for me. It makes me feel so lame. And also an air compressor so I can use a nail gun and a staple gun. Kade on the other hand doesn't possess the desire to develop those "man skillz," which is ok, because he brings home the bacon. He did, however, earn 2 man points the other day for getting the panel off the furnace so I could change the filter.
Ok, for the next project, let's move to Ailee's room. I hadn't put anything on the wall above her crib...I was waiting for the perfect decor. Well, I was at Hobby Lobby (my new love in life), actually looking for the things to make my "family" sign, when I stumbled upon these big chunky wall letters. And better yet, they were on sale for $1.50 each! Yeah! Originally, they were just plain white. I painted them pink, then I used one of my favorite stamp sets and stamped them. I was hoping the brown ink I used would show up a little bit better, but it kind of went dull as it dried. Oh, well, I still like them:
I thought the "L" was the cutest.
I still have a few projects in the works. I'm making Maryn a sock monkey for her stocking. She loves monkeys and I found the instructions online. They aren't hard to make, they just take time (lots of stuffing and hand sewing). I'd post a picture of it, he sure is cute, but Maryn always looks at our blog, and I'd hate to spoil Christmas for her.
We finally finished our Christmas decorating on Saturday. I'm kinda lazy this year so I didn't even put out all of our decorations, just the big things. My Christmas Pyramid from Germany and my nativity set are my favorites:
I love the easy detail of the pyramid. It reminds me so much of our time in Germany. I used to have candles for it, but apparently our attic gets really hot in the summer. Oops.
It took me a few years to accumulate the different pieces to my nativity, but it was so worth it. I love the simpleness of the figures, and the few, yet expressive, details.
I'm glad the Christmas season is here. Much more so than last year--I guess it helps that I'm not pregnant and sick. In fact I have this wreath on my front door that I made last year. It's pretty, but every time I look at it, it makes me physically ill. It triggers my memory of being nauseated. Secretly I hope that somebody steals it off of my door.
Merry Christmas!
9 comments:
I.LOVE.THEM.ALL!!! You are wicked crafty and clever.... What a brilliant idea to print them on canvas -- do you need a special print for that? They look awesome!
they all look great, in fact do you want to come and complete some of my half finished projects. And too bad i don't live closer because i would so come over and steal the wreath off your door just for kicks and giggles.
Such cute ideas, where did you get your letters for your family sign? I love the font! Where do you find the time to finish everything? I still have half finished projects all over my house!
I am so impressed. Everything is great. One day I will own that Nativity set too, I just have to feel rich enough for it. I didn't know Gene and Lenora had a printer like that, I want some printed too!
You are so creative. I love that about you! I wish I could have the Willow Tree Nativity...maybe someday. But I still think that you're wreath is pretty awesome looking.
Wow - you are so crafty, and everything is darling!! I love your nativity's. I am still working on collecting all my pieces for the Willow Tree one.
EMILY!!!!!! I don't know your email, and I'm not sure if you'll see this, but...What's up kiddo?? I found your link on Amber Ogden's website. You have such a cute family! I loved seeing all the pictures. I just set up a blog yesterday. http://dazefamily.blogspot.com and my email is darciday@hotmail.com Let me know how you are doing!
Darci (Lilya) Day
EMILY!!!!!! I don't know your email, and I'm not sure if you'll see this, but...What's up kiddo?? I found your link on Amber Ogden's website. You have such a cute family! I loved seeing all the pictures. I just set up a blog yesterday. http://dazefamily.blogspot.com and my email is darciday@hotmail.com Let me know how you are doing!
Darci (Lilya) Day
Please come be crafty at my house.... You are very creative and it all very cute! I am amazed of all the crafts you get done with two kids!
Post a Comment