Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Creepy Crawly Bug

Having known myself for the past 28+ years, and having known Kade for the last 8+ years, I have zero expectations for my children to be athletically or physically superior to their peers. Are you surprised? I was, however getting a little nervous as Ailee rounded the corner to 10 months old, and she still wasn't crawling. Admittedly, it's a little bit my fault. You see, Maryn just was not a snuggly baby. In fact, she was about 2 before she ever even held on to me (other than when she was sick), or gave me a snuggle. She wanted nothing more than to be off my lap and on to the floor by the toys. So, when Ailee came along, I was overjoyed to have a baby who wanted to be on my lap. I love it. I never get sick of holding her. Between always being on my lap, and having a big sister to always bring her toys, Ailee just was never determined to scoot around. Her mode of transportation, other than mom, was to roll everywhere. Being a steamroller seemed to get her around short distances.

I talked with some friends about it, and they gave me a few suggestions to motivate her. Toys just didn't work. In her mind, if she whined long enough, Maryn would fetch it. Food was our golden ticket. Ailee loves to eat, especially when she can pick it up herself. After a few days, and a little bit of motivation by saltine crackers, Ailee can Army crawl:


We are still working on getting her up onto her knees to crawl, but I am glad to know that she won't be a slug for the rest of her life.

This last picture is of the footies on Ailee's lamb pajamas. Just thought I'd throw it in 'cause they're cute.

6 comments:

The Wilkes said...

Yea! So glad she's on the move! And I LOVE the new layout. It looks great! Miss you guys! I'm so sad that Carter doesn't have a regular group of buddies to hang with anymore. :( And I don't either! :(

Mbeth said...

cute, she'll have to teach her cousin a thing or two. one of which, to either figure out how to roll off of his tummy or not whine when he gets stuck on it.

Darci said...

Love the crawling slug video!! That is so cute. What do you mean no athletic ability??? Didn't we get all ripped and buff to play midnight football?? Or....was that cardboard catting??? Lol!

Allison said...

That is just the best. You'll love that piece of footage in the years to come!

The Manwarings said...

What's wrong with the army crawl? Just put a little soap and water on her belly and you'll get your floors cleaned at the same time.

Jessie said...

To cute! I love the army crawl! Besides you don't want her too mobile! Then she just might start getting into the things you don't want her to!