The week before this last, Kade's brother and his family came over from North Carolina to visit us. It was really fun to have them all to ourselves for about 5 days. They lived in Louisville during their four years of dental school, nothing was new to them, so we just kind of relaxed and took it easy. We spent a beautiful Wednesday at the zoo. I think that was the first time I went through the whole zoo in one trip. We were pretty tired by the end.
Stopping at the playground to feed the hungriest animals at the zoo: Ella, Amaya, and Maryn
At the Lorakeet Landing, you can go inside and let the lorakeets walk all over you. Luckily there was a small crowd that day. The girls loved it.

Silly girls look like a bunch of monkeys to me!
The next day, Allison and I ran away to Northern Ky. The Gap Clearance Center is about an hour and a half away from us, so we felt the need to go. We left the four girls with Kade and Shad, [G.C.C. - kids = :)]and just took Dash, their sweet little baby, with us. He was quite the trooper, and let us get in an ample amount of shopping and bargain hunting.
Friday, another beautiful day, we went out in search of water down at Waterfront Park. Unfortunately they hadn't turned on the water yet at the splash pad, so we settled for the playground and still had fun.

Ailee...who still hasn't figured out how to crawl. Cute hat, huh? I got it at the Gap for super cheap!
Saturday, we spent the morning "cheering" Kade on in his big race, and the afternoon cooling off in the backyard with the hose. Sunday came, and it was sad to say goodbye. Thanks, Shad and Allison, for driving all the way here, and staying in our squishy house with us. We hope you visit again!
2 comments:
It looks like you had a great week just doing easy fun trips. Those are the best.
Oh, I'm so jealous of your nice weather. It looks so warm and beautiful there. I just mowed the lawn in pouring rain on Saturday, ugh!
Post a Comment