I decided to change up most of the color schemes in my house. I've had a green/yellow kitchen and family room since we've been married, so it was time. I found some pretty fabric at Joann's, and decided to go with blue and brown. Yes, it's trendy, and I'm sure that in 20 years I'll loath that I used the color brown, but I had to pick something. Besides, it's not like I'm picking out a washer and dryer set in chocolate brown....[now I am reminiscing about the harvest gold washer/dryer we had]
Anyhooo, here's the set of pillows I made. I love this one, it's my favorite:
Next up is my solid blue pillow:
The material it is setting on, is the material I plan on recovering my chairs with. I haven't felt brave enough to tackle it, yet. Do note the use of piping on this pillow, also. So easy! I also made some pillows that can be used to lay on [Kade], but I don't like them, so I'm going to redo them.
I've searched high and low for oven mitts in the right color of blue or brown, but haven't stumbled upon them, so, I made my own oven mitts. And some cookies.
While I was out visiting my family, I saw a really cute scripture bag, that my sister had bought from someone in her ward who makes them. Being the frugal, DIY-er, copycat that I am, I took the measurements from her bag, and made my own:
I have a ton of other projects lined up. I promise, I have made friends here, I'm not trying to be antisocial or anything. The people at Hobby Lobby and Joann's may know me my name by now...or at least by credit card. Do they count as friends????
10 comments:
Blue and Brown. I think this is your way of saying you miss me.
You are so good. I need to live closer to you so some of that will rub off on me.
CUTE!!! I should move to Denver and take sewing lessons from you! You do such a great job!! I love all your bags. Your pillows and oven mit look awesome!
It's all fabulous! Love both the pillows and bet that recovering those chairs will be easier than you think! I do have experience in that area, but I have mainly done couches. Chairs would be a breeze! Can't wait to see more. BTW I would love a tutorial for the scripture bag. I need a new one of those!
Oh Emily, I'm totally feeling the exact same way you are. I've been feeling all by my lonesome these days. I wish we could get together for a playdate. Maybe we can meet in 4 corners someday and let our kids hang out. sniff sniff :)
It's not the same here in Louisville since almost everyone left! We sure miss our play group. We still have others to get together with, but it's just not the same. Emily all your projects look great! I got a sewing machine as a present from my mom, maybe now I'll get incentive to get it out and use it!
um, like way cute. don't think too hard about all those "golden" things in your past. might give you nightmares.
I am, as always, sooooo impressed. You should start a little business for all of your crafts you make, you do such a great job. Sell them on E-bay or Craig's list. I bet you could make some good moo-lah :) I hope you start making more friends--you are missed :)
you continue to amaze me!! all your projects are adorable as always!! still wishing i could be like you!!! :-)
I have been sewing like crazy too! Not necessarily because I have no friends ( which, really I don't haha ) but because it's all new to me and it's addicting. We should share do to list. Mine is seriously like 6 pages long of cut in paste tutorials on line! Next I want to make the sock monkey you made for Christmas!
Wow! Great projects. You better slow down and leave some projects to do during the coming cold winter months! They're coming fast. Hope you're enjoying Colorado.
Post a Comment