Wednesday, June 02, 2010

A Memoriable Weekend Part 3

On Monday, Memorial Day, we honored those who have died serving our country by going out and enjoying the beautiful landscape they have protected, just for us, at Roxburough Park.

I just had to snap a photo of Ailee in this hat. I found it in our beach bag when we went out to the reservoir, and fortunately it still fit. She immediately put it on and wore it for most of the day. What a girly girl.

Of course we had to get a family photo. This view is much better than last time with all the green in the background.I was going to include the family picture of Jill's family, but I only had the two pictures I took with my camera, which were:
1. the one where only three people were smiling, and the rest looked like they hadn't had a good night's sleep all weekend,
2. or the one where people were walking away because they didn't want to take any stupid pictures.

Maryn and Savannah
Maryn and Hudson
Maddi and Jill

This picture made me laugh. We had to cross this little puddle in our path, and Hudson (after wading through it several times) decided it was too big to jump across. Maryn, I guess, ran back to give him moral support, and possibly a few pointers on jumping puddles.

[singing] Sisters....Sisters....Never where there such devoted sisters....
After sufficiently exhausting ourselves, we headed home for s'more Wii and hanging out. We concluded our celebration with the traditional grilling of the hamburgers (because what screams freedom more than being able to gorge yourself on hunks of delicious meat between two slices of white bread?) and homemade berry ice cream. We got the kids in bed at the nice, early hour of 10 o'clock, so that every one's drive home the next day would be extra fun.
It was a pretty great weekend! I'm so glad my sister was willing to haul the whole family out to visit us. I keep thinking my house is too quiet, and way too empty. Perhaps they should come again....

1 comment:

CMortenson said...

looks like you had a great long weekend! i've already had my mom and sis come visit and i'm looking forward to more visitors! bring 'em on! so if you guys wanna come to AZ...just let us know!!