Maryn started piano sometime around last September, I believe, with a wonderful teacher, Katie Rowles. It all worked out so conveniently for us. Katie, too has a Kindergartner, so she would just walk over to the school (she lives three houses away) and pick them both up on Wednesdays. All I had to do was drive over and pick Maryn up at 12:30 from her house. It was a wonderful arrangement. Hopefully it will work out just a great when the girls start first grade this August. Maryn loves playing the piano, and has picked it up very quickly. We are very proud of her and her accomplishments. I amazed at what she can learn when she puts her mind to it.
Katie arranged a recital for all of her students, one Friday evening, at her house. They hauled the piano outside to their back patio, and we all sat on blankets to listen to the performers. What a great idea, huh? We were lucky to have nice weather with mild temps.
We parked the car on the side of the road. As Maryn got out, I noticed we had a pretty sunset behind her, so I had to snap a picture of our little pianist all ready for her recital:
Ailee was there to support her big sister. She loves doing everything Maryn does, and I hope she follows in her footsteps when it comes to the piano as well.
3 comments:
What an adorable little pianist! I hope you get the video uploaded because I want to hear! Those songs she played don't seem like they would be simple, so I'm impressed she's accomplished that just since September! :)
I want my girls to be great pianists too. Shad and Kade probably just chuckled reading that.
cute cute pictures of the girls
Post a Comment