Sunday, October 09, 2011

Life Lessons




At about age 18 months is when a child starts to recognize that there are fun things to do and see around them. Age 2 is when you start paying admission for them. (boo) But, age 3--that glorious age--is when you can finally start signing them up for classes that you, the mother, do not have to be involved in. Yay for age threeeeeeeee!


Since the day it occurred to Ailee that having a big sister is great, she has been following Maryn around, wanting to do everything she does. Maryn goes to school--Ailee wants to go to school. Maryn loves to swim--Ailee loves to swim. Maryn loves to giggle at potty talk--Ailee loves to giggle at potty talk. Uh, I mean, um, my girls are perfect little angels. Angels....yaaaah. Right.



Ailee has been asking for quite some time to go to school, just like Maryn. I kept telling her, she had to turn three first. Well, that birthday came, then the school year started. I didn't want to sign her up for over priced play time--I mean, preschool--for just a month, then have to take her out when we moved, so I enrolled her in swim lessons at the rec center instead. And, just like her big sister, she loved it. In fact, she was the only child who was cooperative every lesson. I was a little surprised, but pleased.


Here she is with her teacher, Miss Amy:


Back floats were her favorites. It meant that she didn't have to put her face into the water. That took a little bit of work, but, towards the end (with some practice during bath time at home), she got brave and even put her eyes into the water. Next we will work on getting her ears in, too.


My cute little swimmer:

No comments: