Texas would be an awesome place for Spring Break. The weather is pretty mild, the wild flowers are beautiful, and there are lots of things to do. The only problem is that the ENTIRE state of Texas is on Spring Break all at once. Whoever thought that was a good idea, was terribly wrong. It just means that it's impossible to go to places like Sea World or Six Flags. And that traffic will be horrid around said places. So, for the Roundy Spring Break 2012, we had to find other things to do.
Grandma and Grandpa were in for a quick visit on Monday. Tuesday, we hit the park with some friends. On Wednesday, we were given some free passes for the zoo. For a free day, I was willing to brave the crowds.
Checkin' out a colorful bird

Maryn

Just a really cute monkey (but then I have three of those, right?)

Quality Sister Time

The kids were pretty impressed with the giant fish.
(sorry for the blurry picture)

Maryn just hangin' out.

I can't remember what we did on Thursday...must have been awesome, though.
On Friday we drove up to a small town not too far from us, called Boerne. There is a cute little river that runs through the town, so we stopped by to feed the ducks. What I didn't realize was that the river front is in the process of getting a face lift, so it was a bit muddy. But, when it's all done, it will be a pretty nice park.
Having grown up with ducks just outside our front door, I thought it was pretty great having them eat out of my hand. However, the girls were a little shy.

(and these are ducks, not turkeys)

These are Muscovy Ducks. Growing up, we had several groups of this kind of duck that roamed our neighborhood. It's been a while since I've seen one, and it brought back a lot of memories seeing these.

Maryn, striking a silly pose.

Ailee

Me 'n my little monkey

Kade and the girls

I look forward to when this park is finished. I think we will have to come back!
2 comments:
the picture of the duck totally made me homesick for kentucky.
I like Maryn's silly pose. I miss you guys. I hope we get to see you again very soon.
Post a Comment