Sunday, March 11, 2012

Written and Illistrated by Maryn

Maryn loves to write. And draw. I mean, the two go hand in hand, right? Writing is just creating a picture with words. This little girl developed a love for words at an early age (and her sister isn't too far behind), and I am glad that she has really engaged her love for reading.
The last few months, she has been big into writting books for us. I confess, there was a time where I considered writting childrens' books. I love the imagination! It's a colorful, lively place to be, and I love those books that combine a child's imagination with a bit of humor from the adult world (those are the only books that I truly ENJOY reading to my children).
Anywho, I thought I'd share Maryn's most recent work, since I caught it before it was stapled so I could scan it into the computer. Here goes! And, I did include any spelling errors...I don't want to offend the Artist."Dog and Cat"
Written and Illistrated by Maryn
Once there was a puppy and a cat. They lived in a house together. The cat was named roseie. And the dog was named brownie. Roseie and brownie like to play together a lot.
One day they saw a butterfly. It was very colorful! They chased it until they were very tired! Then if flew away leaveing Roseie and brownie behind.
So roseie and brownie went to find something else to do. Then they found a ladybug. But it flew away to fast! But they found something on the front porch! It was food just for them! They went to eat.
They ate and ate until they were full. Then they went to find something to do. They found...nothing! Roseie and brownie wanted to go inside. When they were inside they looked for there toys. Roseie saw something under the bed it was her ball of yarn! Then brownie saw his bone under the bed to!
They played and played until they were bored. What would they do? Then they had an idea. They would go outside and play in the sun together! Roseie and brownie race outside to play.
Brownie and roseie had fun. They played and played in the hot sun. Then they were tired. What could they do? The day was over! There playtime was over! That's it they could sleep!
Good Night!
Glosry Glosry
Bored (bord) Means not haveing fun
Colorful (culerfl) Means with lots of color
Behind (behind) Means going without

5 comments:

Laura Jansson said...

What a creative & talented girl you've got! What a cute little book! I love all of the pictures, & I'm impressed with how much she spelled correctly, too. :)

rlw said...

And of course her book is about animals. I love it! Regan likes to spend her time creating a fashion portfolio. Each outfit is for a certain activity, one for shopping, one for the beach, one for church, several for school, etc. Clint kind of had a fit when she started drawing bare midriffs! We miss you guys!

Allison said...

I love the glosry. She's going places.

Mbeth said...

i like that she did the phonemic spelling of the words in the glosry. I think she gets her spelling skills from you. I don't know about "writting", but I know writing is a tough too.

***BTW, i want to write a children's book some day too. it's on my bucket list. I have a friend that offered to illustrate (she's pro) someone's book if they'd submit a draft. I wish I had the time to put some thought into one.

pinkfrostycookies said...

Adorable. Looking forward to the sequel or next volume.