Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Bounding Through the Blue Bonnets

This is our first Spring in Texas...and I am so impressed with how beautiful it has been! Granted, everyone keeps saying this is a really good year for wild flowers because of the rainy, mild winter, but WOW!
Blue Bonnets are the Texas State flower. Since they started popping up in open fields, I've been wanting to get the kids out to take some pictures. One evening, we were actually having dinner at a decent hour, so we decided that we would hop into the car and drive out to a field a friend had recommended to me. After a mad rush to get the girls looking picture worthy, a few fights followed by some tears, we made it out and took lots and lots of pictures. So worth the fight!
This post is mostly going to be pictures. I just had so many pictures that I loved, and I didn't want to cut any of them out of the blog.
Our field of Blue Bonnets was a great place for pictures. We even had a rustic old farm as our background. And what a lovely sunset!

These beautiful flowers are so amazing when they take over vacant fields.Alright, here come lots of pictures of my girls!
I guess, I'll start with the youngest first.
Little Cora


She is a lucky girl to have such good big sisters.
And she can be such a ham.



I love this one:

Next up is Ailee.
Seriously, this may be my favorite picture of all time:
I've never met a more caring, sweet girl, than Ailee.

Love those brown eyes.


How can you look at this picture and not laugh, too?



And, finally, we have Maryn.
She has got to be my most cooperative picture taker. I'm not sure if it's because she likes to take pictures, or if she's just well trained.

Those pretty blue eyes match the Blue Bonnets.
My favorite one of Maryn:



Just some random pictures of the girls together. And not fighting.

I'll keep these next three as proof that Maryn and Ailee do love each other, and can be within 2 feet of each other without yelling.


Three of my favorite girls!

Making silly noises

Those are my girls!

5 comments:

Chelsea said...

I don't think there are words enough to describe how stinking CUTE your girls are! I LOVED looking at the pictures! The Blue Bonnets are beautiful as well, but your girls really enhanced the flowers' loveliness.

Allison said...

What a beautiful setting. I love so many of these photos.

CMortenson said...

a.dor.able pictures! such cute girlies you have emily!

pinkfrostycookies said...

WOW!!!! What gorgeous girls and amazing award deserving photos! You will have to wallpaper your house with these. This was one of those things I didn't get around to doing. We'll have to come visit you during blue bonnet season one day.

Roundy Clan said...

So I know I left comments o facebook already but these all turned out gorgeous! Isn't it great to have a nice camera and not have to pay an arm and a leg to have a photographer take great pictures for you!? These are wonderful