Sunday, March 30, 2014

The Life of Kannon

 Oh what a difference a year makes.

After a rather discouraging miscarriage early last year, we were excited to get some happy news the following summer. I admit, I was somewhat reluctant (and, well, scared) to go in for that first OB visit.

But, I was very relieved and felt incredibly blessed to hear a healthy heartbeat.
At 21 weeks, we got some good ultrasound pictures...

…and were really excited to find out we were expecting a BOY!

I got huge, as always.

An induction date was set for the 16th of January. I didn't realize this until after he was born, but January 16th was my due date for a little one that was never born, years and years ago. Life is funny like that.
I got hooked up with a little pitocin and labored for a little bit.

Soon, that smile was gone, and I got my epidural.  Drugs are good.

Several hours later, I was feeling a bit frustrated that I wasn't progressing.  It just took the right nurse with a little bit of knowledge to turn me on my side and just a short half hour later, we were ready to rock.

Kannon was born at 3 in the afternoon.

This little guy make his first mark on the world by peeing right after delivery.







One of my favorites: 



Meeting Grandma and Grandpa Roundy for the first time.

The girls were so excited to meet their little brother! 

Such a sweet bundle of joy.


My mom came out and got lots of snuggles from this little guy.


Two weeks old:

Four weeks old:

Five weeks old:

Six weeks old: 

Nine weeks old: 

And here we are today, at ten weeks old:

Kannon has been such a blessing to our family.  He is a happy little boy and loves his sisters.  His little smiles are contagious and light up the room. We are so glad to have be part of our lives!!

No comments: