This isn't a terribly exciting post. It's kind of a hodge-podge of the last few days. I've been working a couple of days this week (yeah for the extra $$, boo for the fat ankles it gives me) so we haven't really done anything fun. This morning I was vacuuming my house when Maryn came in wearing my boots and sunglasses. She was very kind to let me take a quick photo, so I thought I would share her impeccable sense of fashion.
After I finished my chores, we packed up our swimsuits and were heading out to the zoo. As we crossed the street in front of our house, I noticed something in the middle of the road. It turned out to be a squirrel that had been run over. I know, gross. Roadkill. But I busted out laughing when I saw that everything was squished flat, except for his fuzzy tail sticking straight up. I had to take a picture of it, just to share.
I know I have a sick sense of humor, but it made me laugh, and well, this blog is all about the exciting life in the Roundy Household. And, last, but not least, I finally worked up the courage to trim Maryn's hair. I'm glad I did, she was looking pretty scraggly. There isn't much of a difference, I just took off about an inch/inch and a half. Combing it is so much easier now. Before...(with a beautiful smile!)
...and after. I know know it isn't dramatic, but every inch counts when you're braiding a squirmy little girl's hair.

7 comments:
First of all, LOVE the squirrel picture, I laughed out loud and had to show Shad. Secondly, I swear your fridge is just like the one I grew up with. Oh and by-the-way Maryn's hair looks perfect. I hope I get a strawberry blonde kid.
OH MY GOSH, that squirrel is HILLARIOUS! I guess I am from "redneck country" afterall :) And thanks for the get well on my blog...you were in the hospital? Hope you're feeling better too!
That squirrel picture was hilarious!!!!!!!
So is the water park at the zoo super crowded??? The last time I went it was so crowded that we had a horrible time. Is it any better now?
I busted out laughing at the picture of the squirrel too! Great job on the haircut! I completely agree that even an inch shorter helps when it comes time to brush it. Her hair is still so long.
i busted a gut over that pic with the squirrel...that was hilarious. i totally would have taken a pic too!! i can't believe how long maryn's hair is...maybe alexa's will have a growth spurt!!
As everyone else, I love the poor squirrel picture. Little did he know he would provide such entertainment through his death. LOL... anyway... Maryn's hair is so long and pretty! And, I love the boots--she's hilarious :)
Sad day for the squirrel, but maybe at his last moment he thought to himself -- I'll show them!! :)
Post a Comment