Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Remembering Memorial Day

Six years ago (2002 for those of you with poor math skills) we spent Memorial Day down at Waterfront Park with my parents, and Shad and Allison (Kade's bro and sis-in-law). I dug up our pictures from that day. Sorry about the poor quality, they were scanned into the computer. Two hot mamas.

Me, Allison, Eminem (or Shad), and Kade.

Now, prepare yourself for the next two pictures. Kade sent them in to get published on the cover of Playgirl Magazine. We're still waiting to hear back from them.

Kade tried to tell me that he and his brother were just goofing around, but I know that my mom was the one behind the camera. Is my family weird??

Oh, I always have a good laugh when I see those pictures. Good times.

This year (on Saturday, actually) we went across the river to the Falls of the Ohio in Indiana. I think those Hoosiers over there have it better than us here in Louisville. They get to look over everyday at downtown Louisville. We, on the other hand only get to see Indiana. Hmmmm.




On Monday, we didn't do much. I had wanted to go up to Holiday World and Splashin' Safari in Indiana, but we got a late start to the day. We drove about a half hour and broke for lunch, then decided it was too windy and rainy to enjoy the water park, so we drove back. We decided to see a movie instead. We saw "Horton Hears a Who," which turned out to be a very good movie. Maryn loved it and was entranced the whole time. After that, we came home and Maryn played outsided in this fun sprinkler thing we bought her. It was a lousy substitute for Splashin' Safari, but what does she know? She's two.
Playin' in the sprinkler!
We're still trying to teacher her how to shoot a squirt gun. What a girlie girl.

Lucky Kade found some four leaf clovers while we were sitting in the back yard. Maryn smashed our luck with her foot, laughed, then ran off.

We hope everyone else had a nice Memorial Day. We didn't do much to memorialize those who've served our country, but we certainly recognize their sacrifices--great and small. We love our country, and we're greatful to those who have made it such a free and wonderful place to live.

7 comments:

Dani said...

Oh my, the Maryn smashing your luck and then running off caught me by surprise, and I'm still laughing. What a little fireball she must be! :]

I think we have the same crazy spaghetti sprinkler toy... one of those tubes always finds it's way to my face, no matter what!

Your pictures on here keep getting better and better. I think you've rivaled Kade for his seductive grassy pose ;]

Mbeth said...

I personally think the round tummy adds to the picture and you win the posing competiton. sorry kade. and I can easily see mom getting talked into taking those pictures for them.

Roundy Clan said...

I loved your pictures, old and new. I don't know if I laughed harder at Shad's hair or Kade's posing! haha Your new pictures were so cute too. I love the one of Maryn up side down and you holding her legs. Oh and if your mom taking those pictures makes your family crazy then mine is too! I have a picture of my mom grabbing my butt at my reception! haha

Allison said...

It's weird to see me on someone else's blog. I hope I am one of those woman that looks better the older she gets, cause that's sad.

I want to go to Holiday World! That sound like so much fun! Thanks for the review on Horton I'll be sure to have the girls see it when they get a chance.

Collette and Kevin said...

no, no...it's too sexy, too sexy!! (to be said in sultry latin accent!!) :-)

ollie said...

You guys would make a KILLING selling those sexy pics. That was so hot!

The Wilkes said...

Ok so when did you switch Kade from loving men to loving women. You must be one hot lover because I would have sworn from the pictures that Kade was a happy gay man and Eminem was his boyfriend! Ha! JK! Funny pictures!

BTW, we miss you guys. Hope you're doing well. Maryn better not be cheating on Carter while he's away. :)