Ah, summer. I love summer. There's something about the long days and the warm nights that makes me feel so free. I think that it's probably because I'm not bundled up in a million layers trying to stay warm, or maybe that I don't feel like I have to fight for daylight to get everything done. Probably a combo of the two.
This weekend we decided to live a little on the edge and squeeze in one last vacation before child #2 makes her appearance. I, of course had to ok it with my doctor first. after my check up the week before I thought for sure he would forbid it, but much to my surprise, I went in on Wednesday for my 37 week check up and nothing had changed, so he said "go for it." Admittedly I did have a little anxiety the first few days that I would go into labor while being so far from home where my health insurance covers me, but it was so worth it.
We left on Wednesday at about 4 pm and drove to Fayetteville, North Carolina, where Kade's brother and his family live. We got in at some crazy hour of the morning and tried to get a little bit of sleep. Mostly I dreamt about going into labor. Thursday was spent chillaxin' and playing golf on the Wii. On Friday, to celebrate our country's birthday, we went to the Airborne and Special Ops Museum to learn a little bit more about those who've served our fine country. Later that evening we went down to the Hope Mills 4th of July celebrations where we listened to music and watched fireworks when it got dark.
Saturday, I would have to say, was the highlight of our vacation (besides seeing Shad and Allison, of course!). We drove a few hours to Myrtle Beach, South Carolina to spend the day soaking up rays and playing in the sand. We did soak up plenty of rays. Apparently you have to put sunscreen ALL over your body in order to not get burned. Any little patch of skin that was missed by the sunscreen was burning bright red by the end of the day. Ouch. That includes the little gap between Maryn's swim top and bottom that kept appearing every time she bent over.
This turned out to be one of my favorite pictures of Maryn and her cousin, Ella. Anyone wanna drop a quarter in?
Kade's "Mayan Sandcastle" which later met the wrath of Maryn.

She is our little stinker.
It was nice to take some time just sitting uner the umbrella with Allison. Here's a picture of her perfectly pedicured feet and my fat nubbins.
The guys and the kids had a fun time finding tiny clams and watching them dig into the sand. I don't think I'd ever seen it before.

We had a really great time, and we are so grateful that Shad and Allison let us invite ourselves over for the weekend. It was so worth the 9 hour drives and thankfully it was all without incident.
7 comments:
does kade have plumber genes on his side? looks like it would be an unfortunate place to get burned.
Looks like you had a fun trip! I have always wanted to get to Myrtle Beach ever since I watched the movie October Sky!
I think the picture with me next to kade proves conclusively that Kade is, in fact, tougher than I am.---Shad
Good pictures! We loved having you here. We can't wait for you to come again, or for us to come there.
How is it fair that you look awesome in a swimsuit at 37 weeks?? You may have fat feet but you have an awesome bod! I'm jealous. Actually you make me sick! How was the water? I'm anxious for our trip out there in a month!
oh my goodness...you look so cute in your bathing suit, belly and all!! i'm glad you guys had a great time before #2 shows herself.
Em, I just want to tell you how amazing you look in that cute swimsuit! I'm glad you were able to go have some fun before your sweet baby comes. :) any luck on getting them to induce you anytime soon? You better let me know! :)
Post a Comment