I'm sorry for being so lazy about posting lately. I have a newborn...ya know how it is. 99% of my day is spent feeding someone or wiping some one's bottom. The other 1% is spent trying to get a nap before those someones up.
A week after Ailee was born, my mom flew in for a visit for a week and a half. I'm so glad she came--I was sad she missed the birth, but it turned out to be the perfect timing. It was nice to have that support when my sweet little newborn turned into that baby who didn't want to eat, and even better to have someone else around to love on Maryn when she figured out she wasn't the center of attention anymore. Mom was great help and support. I can't thank her enough for everything she did while she was here. It was hard to let her go!
That weekend, my brother, Ryan, also flew in for a visit. It was a short visit from him, but lots of fun.
Despite all the teasing while growing up (and sometimes as adults), I've determined that every girl needs a brother-- if anything, at least for entertainment value. During our game of Scrabble one night, Ryan was complaining of a headache that just wouldn't go away. I offered him a cold compress for his head, but it turned out the only one I had was one I'd taken from the hospital after Ailee's delivery. Well, these aren't just any cold compresses...these are made especially for women who just gave birth.
This is my brother with a Perineal Cold Compress on his head. Women want him, men want to be him!
I'm so proud to call him family.
Grandma gettin' in some snuggles with the baby.
Maryn and Grandma checkin' out the elephants at the zoo.
A proud Grandma--this is grandchild #19!
Three generations of babes!
We sure wore her out!
13 comments:
she's so sweet emily! i'm happy to finally see new pictures. i'm glad you had a great visit with family and help when you needed it. please let me know if there's anything i can do for you now that your mama isn't here.
I loved this post! It was good to see your mom and I'm so glad that she came just at the right time for you! Ailee is beautiful! I'll call you in the next week sometime and see if we can get together. Let me know if you need anything :)
im a little jealous. i wish i coulda come out. i could use a strenously long game of scrabble. mike won't play with me. do i need to explain why?
YEAH for mom's! It sure looks like you all had a great time when she came to visit. Ailee is so pretty and I can't wait to meet her. We're coming to visit in October and we HAVE to get together!
What a little doll! Great post! It is always nice to have family visit especially during this time! Enjoy little Ailee!
Your baby is adorable!!!! I can't believe how big Maryn is! You guys look great!
Wow, she sure is cute, Ailee I mean, of course flower is cute in her own right. No seriously, your mom looks great. I am sorry Ailee decided she doesn't want to eat sometimes, Amaya did that too. That's why she stopped getting breast milk at 2 months, I threw in the towel. I just wish I had persevered a little, I think we could have gotten through it. Good luck.
I am been dying to see new pictures of Ailee so I was thrilled to read your post.
awwwwww... I love your mom!
I miss you Em. I had sooooo much fun. Ryan's picutes really capture the moment!! Made me laugh all over again.....oh the spice of life.
Hi! Just here visiting from the Gebski Blog. Love your blog--great job. Congratulations on your new baby! :D
Looks like you had a good visit with your Mom and Ryan too! You'll have to let me know next time she's in town! I'd love to get a chance to catch up! Looks like Ryan is the same ole Ryan too! Good for him! :) Ailee is sure a doll!
Post a Comment