Sunday, August 24, 2008

Take Me Out To The Ball Game


Summer is coming to an end, and I can't believe we almost went the whole summer without going to a baseball game. I mean, really, is summer summer without baseball?? We had planned on going to see the Louisville Bats on Friday, because they had fireworks after the game. Maryn caught a yucky bug on Thursday, so we thought we would have to postpone the fun. Fortunately she woke up from her nap with out a fever and seemed much more pleasant than the previous 24 hours, so we decided to go.
As we were walking up to the ticket window, a nice old man came up to us and asked if we needed tickets. We said yes, then he handed us 3 tickets. We tried to pay him, but he wouldn't take anything for them. SCORE!! Nice people make the world a better place.
Kade and Maryn enjoying the game.

Me and Ailee--she mostly just slept, the lazy bum. This guy sitting in front of me must have been a hard core Bats fan. Not only was he sitting, watching the game, he had it tuned in on his hand held radio...now that is a dedicated fan!

Another wonderful picture of our delicate flower.

And, what would a baseball game be without yucky, sugary, sticky cotton candy?! Mmmmm. We had a great time. The section we sat in had several Bats fans. They kept the spirit going during those long long innings. It made it a lot more fun to have them there. The fireworks after the game made it worth staying until the end. It wasn't exactly Thunder Over Louisville, but Maryn liked them.

Tickets to the game: Free (yeah!)

A strawberry ice cream cone for Maryn to replace the one that plopped on the ground: $2.50

A night with the family that didn't involve a movie: Priceless

4 comments:

ollie said...

I love going to the bats games! Kudos on taking a baby, I don't think I ever would have been brave enough for that!

Allison said...

I love doing things outside the norm. Score on the tickets, that's awesome.

Chelsea said...

You guys looked like you had fun! your girls are so cute! I am glad Maryn got well enough so you could go. It is fun to go out with the family!

Bill and Freddie Ann said...

We always enjoy going to the Bats games...and usually someone has tickets for us they aren't using! That's the best! Now and then we buy them ourselves but it seems someone almost always has them available! What a great night out for the family! :)