Monday, October 13, 2008

Trick or Treat, Smell My Feet

We went out the zoo this last Friday for Trick or Treating. Thankfully, they were so good to hand out things like crayons and coloring books with just a little bit of candy. And, while Maryn was in the bath tub, I quickly disposed of that nasty pink bubble gum that I'm almost certain is the leading cause of tooth decay during Halloween. I know, I'm such a fuddy-dud.




Maryn went as a witch this year. I thought her costume turned out pretty cute. We forgot the cape in this picture. I have learned my lesson about costumes for 3 year olds...no props. I ended up carrying her broom and hat through most of the zoo.


Ailee went as a cat. I had to use a little bit of imagination to make those ears. If you ever need a head band for a baby, use a knee high. And, getting a 3 month old to hold still enough to draw whiskers on with eyeliner is REALLY hard.


We went with some of my friends, Becca and Laura, and all the kids that tag along with them. The husbands came, too, to control the madness. Becca and I couldn't resist stopping to take a picture here. I think Becca makes a great Oomah Loompah.


By the end, the kids were successfully worn out and tired of taking pictures. Maryn had shed her cape, hat and broom, so she kind of just looks like a goth. We had a great time, and we hope everyone has a HAPPY HALLOWEEN!!

7 comments:

Allison said...

Becca is cute, but I gotta say you make a killer Violet. Have I mentioned how cute Ailee is? No? Oh, well she is adorable, especially with whiskers.

Heather said...

Looks like you all had a blast....to bad we didn't get in just a little bit earlier in the day. We still on for Thursday?

Jessie said...

How fun! I wish our zoo was a little closer then maybe we could participate in the fun here. Cute costumes as usual. Love the little kitty ears.

Chelsea said...

That is so cute! It is fun when you get to carry all their props, right? I always bring a bag with me. I always take my Germany shopping bag with me. It folds up and can fit in a pocket and it is great for putting all that stuff in! Have a great Halloween!

Collette and Kevin said...

so absolutely cute!! we went to the zoo on saturday and it was busy!! but we still had fun. i'll have to work on getting pics posted!

Mbeth said...

i use to give out stuff at the zoo for beta club in high school. good times. good work on the costumes, but why was no one dr. slitthroat?

Laura Jansson said...

It was fun going with you guys! I'll have to copy that group shot of the kids--yours turned out better than the one I got. We should've gotten one BEFORE the zoo walk. LOL Oh well.