Thursday, April 30, 2009

Run Roundy Run

Last Saturday was the Derby Marathon. After watching my friends run the marathon last year, Kade decided that if a girl can do it, he can do it. Those were his words.

Ok, ok. He WAS just kidding.

But he did say it.

Being the sensible man that he is, [did I just hear someone snicker??] Kade signed up for the Mini-Marathon, (13.1 miles) and he did it! He was a little disappointed that it wasn't his best time, but everyone felt that way last Saturday. They all trained in 40-60 degree weather. Come race day, the morning started in the 70's, and the race ended in the 80's. Ouch. Kade did, however, rank very well among his fellow runners: 543rd out of 9,415 finishers!

The cheering section: Maryn with her cousins Ella and Amaya. Unfortunately as Kade ran by, Ella and Amaya were in pursuit of a bathroom, and Maryn was searching through my bag for a granola bar. I was there with Ailee, but I was trying to get the camera to turn back on. We were terrible supporters.
Kade after the race. This was a very smelly place to be. A bunch of sweaty runners in the scorching heat. pee-yoo!

Great job, Kade! We are very proud of you. Now I'm off to frame that fancy medal they gave him.

5 comments:

The Wilkes said...

Good job Kade! I still think he should have run the marathon, but after the temps, I'm sure he's glad he didn't...well if he still has marathon ambitions, I'm planning on running the St. George Marathon in Oct. 2010...

Allison said...

Wow, I did think he did good until I saw he only got 543rd....



just teasing, Great job, Kade

Mbeth said...

impressed i am. i didnt think anybody in our family did anything like that. i guess he's not a corey because i don't think that is something any of us actually even consider.

Roundy Clan said...

Good job Kade! I love running but don't think I could ever run that much!

pinkfrostycookies said...

Yay, Kade! We wish we could have cheered you on. So, when's the marathon?