So, last weekend our excursion was out to Roxborough State Park. I was pretty surprised to find this little treasure hidden behind the foothills. We pulled up to the entrance, and as I looked at the barren hills, all I could think was, "This is it? Really? We drove 30 minutes for this?" Then we turned a corner, and I was pleased.
Once again, here are my three explorers all ready to go!
We spend most of our time on the trails playing games like tag, or Maryn, Kade and Ailee hide behind a bush so they can jump out and "scare" me. Only about 2% of the time is actually spent looking at the sights. We got a late start on our hike this day. We only went for about an hour. The sun started to set, and it gets pretty cold when that happens.
4 comments:
you guys have way too much fun!! and even though you're being cheesy in the pic of you, you still look super cute. how fun that maryn loves to get her picture taken now. alexa has entered the phase of not right now. she wants to TAKE the picture. oy!
I love it. i am so glad to see you guys have a funplace to go that the whole family can enjoy. Plus, I love the little bubbly men.
i hear you are coming out to visit jill's kids in a little while.
i think we should hang out. what do you think? especially while the majority of children are in school. :) and even an evening or two, if you need some adult face-time. lemme know.
More hiking? Color me jealous. I just read Marybeth's comment too. Now I am really jealous, not that you're watching your sister's kids, but that you're going to Utah and you get to see your sisters. Have a great trip.
Post a Comment