We met up with a bunch of fellow Roundies at the old Roundy farm in a small town, Alton, Utah. I was a total slacker and didn't pull out my camera to take pictures of all the cousins, aunts and uncles, brothers and sisters, until very late in the day. The only picture I took was this one, of the farm.
The next day, most of those who were there of Kade's family met up in beautiful Bryce Canon:
I thought this was a cute one of Maryn.
And, just like her sister, Ailee can't keep her face clean.
Family picture:
Note Ailee's jacket in all the pictures. We put our jackets on, because at the first lookout, it was kinda cold and windy. But, because Ailee is....Ailee, she wouldn't take it off. It was SO hot when we were hiking. I'm thankful she didn't overheat.
It was a pretty good show out in the front of the house, but nobody enjoyed it more than Ailee.
She was hilarious, yelling, and dancing around as the fireworks went off. My only regret is that I didn't have the video camera to record it. What a nut!
This final picture is of the girls and their Great-Grandpa Adams. His wife, Grandma Carol, passed away the weekend we were there, so we attended her funeral there in Cedar City. Mine and Kade's grandparents have all passed away, except for Grandpa Adams, and I'm glad that they've been able to meet their Great-Grandpa.
We split off from the group and trekked a little ways down the mountain. Ailee was feeling very brave, so we had to keep a close eye that she didn't run off the steep edge of the trail. We walked a ways down, then decided that we shouldn't go any further, because what goes down, must go back up. Well, at least when you hike. So, we stopped and took a few pictures:
Silly kids!
After hanging out around Bryce, we headed up to Cedar City, to Kade's parent's house. To celebrate the 4th of July, Kade's parents had bought some fireworks for the kids.
This final picture is of the girls and their Great-Grandpa Adams. His wife, Grandma Carol, passed away the weekend we were there, so we attended her funeral there in Cedar City. Mine and Kade's grandparents have all passed away, except for Grandpa Adams, and I'm glad that they've been able to meet their Great-Grandpa.
It was a pretty fun trip down to Southern Utah. It's a beautiful area of the country, and it was so fun to see so much of Kade's family all together. With so many of us, and being so spread out, it's hard to do. But hopefully again, soon....
2 comments:
Yes, Hopefully again soon.
Sounds like you had a great time. I am glad you got to enjoy your trip and have so much with some family. Family is the best. I also noticed in one picture taht you appear to be getting a tiny little baby bump. Can't wait to see it grow.
Post a Comment