Now, I try, when I am pregnant to be a good host. I eat fairly healthy, make sure I get all my nutrients, vitamins, a well balanced diet. But, having somebody just call me up and say, hey, you might not be able to have sugar for the rest of your pregnancy, made we want a giant glass of sugar. We always want what we can't have, right?
I tried my best all week to be good. I did indulge in a few chocolate bars and marshmallows while we were camping last weekend...how could I not? I was finally able to get in for the 3 hour glucose test on Wednesday. Have you ever had to have it? It is so not fun. You have to fast for 8 hours. Then sit for 3 hours, during which they draw blood 4 times. Nope, no fun at all.
Well, the good news is, that my doctor's office called yesterday, and informed me that all was well. I passed! And, how did I celebrate???????
It tasted soooooo good.
6 comments:
man, they really do know how to torture pregnant women eh?? i'm glad you enjoyed your reward after it was all said and done!
It always does. Yes, I've had to have that test, the 3 hour one, every pregnancy. I do not try to be a good host. I figure they're already taking all the good from me so I can have the bad.
i had to do it too with johnny. no fun. and orange soda goes off the potential food docket for a while. glad you don't have to restrict your diet of sugar. that would be all sorts of tragic for a pregnant girl.
I think after that test you deserved it. I hope I never have to take that test. I thew up just from taking the regular one when I was prego with Lexi. I can only imagine how that test would go. Glad to hear that you can still enjoy you sweets.
I failed it with Isaac the first time too. Not fun. Glad you don't have to suffer the rest of your pregnancy.
Fasting when I am NOT pregnant causes problems but for 8 hours while pregnant! Oh my gosh I would have been throwing up from hungry. Good thing the kids are SO cute as newbies to help us forget all the torture they put us through. :) Did you finish your diaper bag yet?
Post a Comment