Saturday, January 29, 2011

How My Life Gets Better With Drugs

So, when Cora came home from the hospital, she was such an easy newborn. Pretty much she just slept. Quit often I would have days where I had to wake her for almost every feeding (she was jaundiced...which explains why she was so tired), and well, life was easy. I don't know at what point she started getting fussy. 6 weeks? 8 weeks? My mind is a blurr. But the point is: she went from easy newborn to a rather fussy baby. All day long....fuss fuss fuss. Being an advocate of "Babywise" we did manage to get her sleeping through the night fairly well. But, still I knew all this fussing just wasn't right. After talking with a friend last week, I finally scheduled an appointment with my pediatrician, and got her on acid reflux medication.

Can I just say: I have a completely new baby.

She is SO much happier. She smiles all day now. Except when she's tired, poopy, or being put into her car seat. I LOVE it! I am so grateful for medication, and whoever it was that discovered that babies get acid reflux, and that it hurts.

My point though, today, is that Cora laughed for the first time.

I loved it...and I want MORE!

6 comments:

Erica said...

Does more refer to alughs or kids?!?

Erica said...

Apparently I was spelling too fast for myself to type. It was supposed to say:

Does that refer to laughs or kids?!?
(You said you wanted more)

Allison said...

I'm so glad, nothing's worse than a fussy infant you have no idea what to do with.

CMortenson said...

yay for drugs!! and yay for other parents who go through it first so that we know what to do when the time comes for us. i'll definitely keep this in mind if this little man turns out to be a fussy baby!

The Grows said...

Yay, I am so glad you found something that helped her feel better and made your life easier. Drugs are great when they work.

Heather said...

YAY, and AMEN both of my kids needed reflux medicine and it's a life saver! Glad she's laughing now! :)