Saturday, June 11, 2011

He Ran

This morning, Kade ran the Utah Valley Marathon. The kids and I weren't able to make it there to watch as he victoriously ran over the finish line, but my little sister, Marybeth, was. Hence the pictures.
Here he is, in his moment of victory. Well under his goal of 4 hours. Only Kade, after running 26.2 miles, could even have a desire to be goofy. Most people, I believe, are just content with still being alive.


Oh, wait, at least he's pretending to be exhausted. Kade and his parents

My brother in law, Mike came up with a fab idea to make it feel like we were there cheering him on.

Brilliant.


Even more brilliant that I didn't have to actually kiss the sweaty, smelly man.


Can we keep the Emily Head?


Congrats to Kade for accomplishing his goals!

2 comments:

Mbeth said...

no worries. we sent the heads home with him. So you can pull them out whenever you need them.

Allison said...

I think that's awesome that Kade did. I wish we could have been there to cheer him on like we did in Louisville.