The ride to North Carolina was long, but Maryn was good, so it was bearable. We had a few days with Shad and Allison and fam before the rest of the troops arrived. Maryn was finally introduced to Princess-dom. I think for a few minutes she wanted to be a super-star. We have some great video of her and her cousin, Ella singing and dancing to the "ABC's" Here is a picture of how they were dressed.
Very posh. Do right click and save this image because I don't expect to see Maryn like this again. Just kidding. Maybe some day she will realize it IS fun to be a girl.
The rest of the family gatherers showed up the weekend before Christmas. It was a houseful with 16 people, but lots of fun. I should have gotten a picture of how many presents there were "under" (or piling around) the tree on Christmas morning. Aunt Wendy was so nice to get all the little girls princess pajamas. After dealing with a very hyper Maryn while the other 3 watched by the tree, we managed to get this picture:
Christmas morning was...chaotic, and Maryn was of course spoiled rotten and didn't want to share her toys. She's such an angel.
On the 26th, we drove to Myrtle Beach for a little get away. It was so nice there. The highlights were:
1. The indoor swimming pool
2. Krispy Kreme doughnuts
3. The view of the ocean from our balcony
4. Pete and Wendy's sweet hotel apartment
5. Finding seashells on the beach in the morning
6. The aquarium and the giant pen Kade bought at the souvenir shop
7. Go carts/race cars (living Maryn's wildest dreams)
8. And enjoying the warmer weatherBesides Christmas and Myrtle Beach we spent plenty of time playing games, eating good (but not always good for you) food, shopping and visiting old friends. We are so grateful to Shad and Allison for letting us bombard (really) their home and putting up with our laziness. It was a great vacation and the best way to spend Christmas.


5 comments:
Love the slide show....it was pretty easy right? I loved Myrtle Beach and can't wait to go back. We'll have to go there after Charleston though... :)
Looks like a fun Christmas! I think that maybe one day Maryn will be a "girl." I still hate to be too girly...but I do like to get dressed up and go out from time to time!
Hey! I found your blog through Collette's...good to see you in the great time-consuming world of blogging! Love the picture of Maryn in the princess dress!
What a fun vacation! I need to have family members that live in cool places.
Have I ever told you how I plan to die by a Krispy Kreme overdose?
Post a Comment