Monday, January 21, 2008

Gettin' Lucky in Kentucky

So, lately some concerns have come up as to why I've gained a little bit of weight. And I thought that maybe instead of people feeling uncomfortable about asking me, I'd just come out and tell everyone. The truth is, I'm not JUST getting fat...well, I am getting fat, but for good cause. The reason is that it's just been so darned cold here recently and I've decided to hibernate until March. I'll see everyone in a few months. Don't be offended if I don't blog.
Ok, Ok, I'm just kidding. That's not really it. For reals I'm pregnant. I can't hide it anymore. We are very excited and we have high hopes that Maryn hasn't become too comfortable in her only child position, 'cause it's about to be seriously disrupted. I must say, I'm kinda glad we had this big lull between spawns. When Maryn isn't being a stinker, she's a very good helper and has become pretty self sufficient. I hope it continues and she doesn't digress when the baby comes.
Anywho, here are the facts:
Child arrives at the end of July.
I am glad to be out of the first trimester.
I think it's a girl (actually, I only say that because I'm ALWAYS wrong, and I actually think it's a boy, but I don't want to be wrong again...yes, I say again, because I was certain Maryn was a boy.)
I do have a name picked out for a boy, but Kade doesn't like it.
The Roundy Force is strong with this one...I have been craving nasty yucky fast food.
If anyone again asks me if I'm having twins, they will feel the wrath of a pregnant woman.

11 comments:

Laura Jansson said...

YAY!!!! I'm so excited for the next cute little Roundy baby! And, seriously, if you're feeling so much better and want to come out of hibernation, I would love to get together! Congratulations!!!! :) PS are you going to find out if it's a boy or girl? or are you one of those who likes to be surprised? :)

Heather said...

YEAH!!!!!!!!! I'm sooooo excited for you guys. I can't wait to hear more updates throughout...and then hoepfully before too long I'll be able to say I'm prego. One can hope....;) CONGRATS!!!!!!!!!

Jessie said...

Congrats you guys! That is exciting news.

ollie said...

Congrats! I had no freakin' idea! Seriously, I didn't even notice any weight gain! I'm always in maternity pants by the 2nd month... you're one lucky girl!

Collette and Kevin said...

yay!!! we got lucky in kentucky too!! how fun! ;-) you look fabulous by the way...i can't wait to see you at 9 months, i think i'll be extremely jealous! hey, how do you know jessie selk? she and i went to jr. high together.

Brady and Kariann said...

Congratulations!! We are so excited for you guys - YEAH!

Ben and Krystal said...

Congrats again. You are going to be hating July, I bet with all that hot humidity going on. Was Kade wearing his "Gettin lucky in Kentucky" when baby was conceived? :)

The Wilkes said...

Congrats!!!! I thought I noticed you sporting a bump at the birthday party last week. I love that Carter and Avery are 3 years apart. I hope you enjoy pregnancy a lot better than I do!

Dani said...

Hello secret keepers....! Okay, so maybe we're just dense, but we thought you looked fantastico -- and had no idea(r) (since we are in the south you know) Well CONGRATS!!!! We're thrilled for you, and a big hip hip hooray for passing the first third. YIP YIP!

Rebecca said...

Congratulations! Eventhough we have never officially met, I was looking forward to playing games with you guys at Christmas at the Shad Roundys, but then we were gone. Anyway, I was browsing blogs and wanted to tell you congrats! (And yay for Allison who will get one more cute neice or nephew!)

Mbeth said...

im sure people think the "twins" thing not because your belly is especially large, but more with the porportions: You put a regular size baby in a girl with an eensy weensy body like yours...