Anywho, the reason I'm reminiscing about my childhood is that the other night Kade built a little fort for Maryn to hide in on top of our bed. It was made of the gazillions of pillows on our bed (see they DO serve a purpose!) and our throw blanket. It wasn't the best construction, and I don't think Kade plans on giving up on Endodontics to become a builder, but Maryn sure had fun. We tried to get a few pictures and this was the best we could do:
Sunday, February 03, 2008
Fort Roundy
So, when I was a little girl we had this recliner. You know, the kind that reclined (duh) and the little foot thing would pop up when you flipped the lever. Well, I was always a small kid (would you have guessed that?) and being small, I could use the recliner to make a tent. I would recline it a little and put up the foot rest, then throw a blanket over it. Voila! My own personal hiding spot. I'd wiggle up the hole between the foot rest and the chair and climb on to the seat. There wasn't a lot of living space, but I thought it was great. We also used make huge tents out of blankets, stools, chairs and books to hold it all together. Sometimes broomsticks came in handy, too. That was all pretty fun until the books came crashing down on top of our heads. Ah, good times.
Anywho, the reason I'm reminiscing about my childhood is that the other night Kade built a little fort for Maryn to hide in on top of our bed. It was made of the gazillions of pillows on our bed (see they DO serve a purpose!) and our throw blanket. It wasn't the best construction, and I don't think Kade plans on giving up on Endodontics to become a builder, but Maryn sure had fun. We tried to get a few pictures and this was the best we could do:
Ah, sometimes I miss being a kid and just playing. I must say, a little bit of the reason I want kids is because I still really like to play and imagine up stuff like this.
Anywho, the reason I'm reminiscing about my childhood is that the other night Kade built a little fort for Maryn to hide in on top of our bed. It was made of the gazillions of pillows on our bed (see they DO serve a purpose!) and our throw blanket. It wasn't the best construction, and I don't think Kade plans on giving up on Endodontics to become a builder, but Maryn sure had fun. We tried to get a few pictures and this was the best we could do:
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
I'm glad there is someone else out there that likes to build forts. We're always trying to think of crazy ways to rig up a good one. I almost built one with some pvc pipe and an old sheet to fit on Corben's bed. It never did come to fruition though, maybe I'll reconfigure it. :)
We used to use the chairs from the kitchen table along with every couch cushion we could find. My kids prefer to just stack the cushions, climb them and then jump off.
do you remember playing house in those tents and feeding ryan cocoa puffs? btw, i did that on www.simpsonizeme.com. Happy simpsonizing!
Post a Comment