My daughter is a stripper.
I don't know what has been going through her crazy little head, but she has been taking off all her clothes at home. And I do mean taking them ALL off. It started on Wednesday. I was making dinner and I thought to myself, "Self, it sure is quiet back there, you'd better go check on Maryn." So I did, and she heard me coming so she jumped into bed and pulled up the covers. I was baffled by this behavior, so I pulled down the covers and she was totally in the buff. I tried not to freak out, put her clothes back on and went back to making dinner. 15 minutes later I came to tell her dinner was ready and she had started to take 'em off again. I tried to explain that there is a time to take off our clothes, like before bath time, or when we change our clothes, but most of the time we need to wear clothes to stay warm and be modest.
Don't worry...this story gets better. Please continue.
The next morning, Maryn wakes up at 7:30. She comes into my room with a big grin on her face and a happy "Good morning!" Peering over the edge of the bed all I could see was her head, so I said, "Good morning! Come snuggle in bed with me for a few minutes." She runs around to the other side of the bed and climbs up. I roll over...and she's completely naked. My message from the previous night obviously didn't get through to her.
As I write this, it's sounding like one of those awful recurring nightmares.
So does anyone have any advice on how to combat this? Is my child showing some kind of signs of trauma or disturbed behavior?? Is she going to be that kid in kindergarten who takes off her clothes in class? She hasn't done anything today, but we've been out and running around all day. The day isn't over yet...anything could happen.
Please, please, please help me.
9 comments:
hmmm... I'm afraid to tell you that your child is destined to be a nudist and a freak for the rest of her life. Not surprised though, she does carry some of your husbands genes.
So here's a thought. The Styers have this amazing video called 123 magic. They've shared it with like everyone in the branch. Anyway, it's awesome. It's a parenting technique. One thing the guy talks about is assuming our children are little adults and therefore we can talk to them and explain things as adults. Shane and I are notorious for that. We think, "If we just explain why it's not nice to hit, they'll understand and change their ways." Well, you do have to explain, but you can't expect children to understand reasoning. I thought this to be very insightful since we tried the "little adult" talk for so long and it NEVER-FREAKIN'-WORKED! So maybe give that a try.
I hate to say it but it might just be a phase. I remember times when both of my kids stripped down to the buff and ran around the house. Just be happy she only does it in the house, and not in the middle of the Walmart. That is really a good sign.
i don't know what to tell you but that is pretty darn funny. I'm with this other girl, at least it's not in public.
Mike thinks she just needs some finer fabric like silk. maybe she has finer tastes than cotton.
Why don't you invest in a pole and teach her some moves...maybe they will come in handy in helping to pay off student loans! JK! It's probably a phase. Don't make a big deal about it and probably as long as you don't make it seem like it bothers you, she will eventaully stop.
If it makes you feel better, Carter likes to pull out his wiener about 30 yards before we even make it to the bathroom in public places...just so he's ready to go. Ugh! Kids!
One of my nieces is going through this exact phase right now...and it sounds like eventually she may just grow out of them. I know it's not fun at the time...but just keep up your fantastic mothering and she'll pull through!
So I was going to laugh, but I better not since at some point Maddie may just start doing the same thing. No jinxing mahself thank you very much! But it is really funny, especially when she hopped up in your bed nudie -- classic moments to use against her later in like. Muuaaaaah haa haa haa haaaaaaaa [that is an evil laugh so you know]
i love it!! sorry, but i am laughing. although, i'm sure we're destined for a phase just like this one day so i shouldn't laugh too hard!! it most likely is just that though, i phase that she'll get bored of and lose interest in if a big deal isn't made. good luck with your little nudie! :-)
Ella did the exact same thing. I seem to remember a story about our niece Ashlee, maybe it is a Roundy thing. Anyways I think I just kept putting her clothes back on and waiting it out, enduring to the end, not throwing in the towel, and any other one you can think of.
Post a Comment