Thursday, March 06, 2008

It's A...


Yes, I have plastered a picture of my uterus on our blog. I hope I haven't grossed anyone out, but I figured, ya seen one, ya seen 'em all, right?

This is our child. I must say, the highlight of being pregnant is seeing that your baby is for reals and that all the aches and pains and hunger and weight gain aren't for naught. And also it's comforting to know you have produced a healthy offspring.

So, Can you guess what it is? Well, I'll give you some hints:

-It's either a girl or a boy, and not a puppy.

-She doesn't crave chocolate like Maryn did.

-This pregnancy has been very different.

-I haven't become more or less hairy with this one (though I don't think it is humanly possible to become more hairier than I am).

If you didn't figure it out by that big old hint you just read, I'll spell it out for you plainly.

It's a girl!

Yes, I was wrong again! I am 0/2. Someday I might get it right. Maybe not, though. Now we just have to convince Maryn that this baby is a girl. Every time we tell her she yells back at us, "No, I'M a girl!"

13 comments:

Laura Jansson said...

I knew it! Sorry, Em, but for some reason, I thought it was a girl. LOL. I'm excited for you, though. Maryn and this little girl will be good friends, I'm sure. :)

The Wilkes said...

Congratulations! Now you can have 2 little girls dressed in super cute clothes following you around. If you want you could name her Erin...that would be cute, Maryn and Erin...jk!

Collette and Kevin said...

CONGRATS!! We're so happy for you. Girls are pretty darn fun. Now you can have Maryn teach her baby sister to be another little nudie!! :-)

ollie said...

Congratulations! This is so exciting! Now you won't have to buy all new clothes -- WOO HOO!

Jessie said...

Congrats Emily! I am sure that Maryn will just love her little sister when she arrives, you can even dress them alike because you don't have a 5 year gap between them like I do.

Dani said...

Hooray! Girls are so much fun - and like cmortenson said - more nudies! LOL :)

Allison said...

YAY!!!! You are following some sort of patter I am guessing set forth by Lee. Dental School, Marriage, Graduation, Germany, 1 little girl, 2 little girls....

Or shorten it and include our family. Is there a choice of names?

Brady and Kariann said...

Congratulations!! I'm sure she will be just as cute as Maryn and they will have so much fun together. We are excited for you guys!

Mbeth said...

I guess right! haha! well, now you can think like the corey girl you are think about how much money you'll save with hand-me-downs.

Ashley at flats to flip flops said...

Yeah for you.....bring on more pink!!! Congrats!!!!

Heather said...

HA HA, I KNEW IT! I'm excited for you and maybe it iwll be better to have another girl for Maryn to play with since she's been around on her own for a while. YEAH...congreats you two!

Allison said...

I'm so out of the loop. In fact, I'm out of all loops. Congratulations. Girls are the bestest.

Shad

Ben and Krystal said...

oh jeez, i am so lame, i havent been on ehre in forever- congrats on the girl!