Ah...so finally after lots and lots and lots, and then some more rain, Kentucky has given us some nice weather. I'm not normally one to complain about KY's weather. It's not constantly gray and overcast like Germany, or a barren blizzardy desert like Idaho, but after many many weeks of cold rain, I've been getting the itch for Spring. Last Wednesday we had a just about perfect day. It was a little chilly in the morning, but by the afternoon we had shed our jackets. I think Maryn and I left our house at about 11:30 in the morning to go meet some friends. We had a picnic and the little kids played while the big kids got to have some real adult conversation. After that we went for a stroll around the walking path. We walked home from the park at about 3:15 that afternoon. And just in case anyone had forgotten what the peak hours are for sunburns...it's between 11:30 am and 3:15 pm. Even several days later, our pasty little Maryn's scalp is still red at the part. Here are some pictures from the park (Thanks Amber for having your camera!):
Maryn just hangin' out
Maryn and her buddy Caiden
Spring is such a relief to me. I'm sure lots of you feel that way. I get really tired of hauling coats around and having to wear socks and my beastly hairy arms can't take the long sleeves much longer. Bring on the t-shirts and the flip flops!
Oh, and if anyone has any ideas on how to make very very white legs tan, please share them with me.
8 comments:
I hear that a trip to Mexico can cure the white legs problem pretty quick!! I'll let you know in a few weeks.
it snowed today. again.
i'm lovin the warmer weather too! jergens has a great tanning moisturizer that gives a healthy glow to blinding white legs!! :-)
Just picked up some Glow and Steady from Bath and Body works. It seems to work a bit faster than the Jergens stuff, but still a slower process than the actual sunless tanning
I'm with you--yay for spring!! Such cute pictures!! Unfortunately, I think it might rain again on Friday--will we ever make it to the zoo together? :) talk to you soon...
We are in TN right now and the weather is wonderful...we went on walks and to a baseball game...we are going to be sad to head back to snowy Idaho...how depressing!
ooh i like yer new background,
as for the white legs turning tan, I'm trying to figure that one out too. After 10 years of living in utah, cleveland, and Germany, I think I am officially Perma-White.
Darn.
We're still waiting for some of that Spring weather over here in Germany. Can you send some our way? Can't wait for Kentucky!
Julie Brown
Post a Comment