Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Grouchy McGrouchy Face

UGH! I have been feeling so grouchy lately.



Yes, this is truly what I feel like, uni brow and all! (It's been a while since I've tweezed the brows..I gotta get on that.)

I have a couple of theories: I haven't been getting enough sleep. I suspect that secretly my husband and two children are plotting against me. Their strategery is very complex, and very effective; surprising for a man, a three year old, and an infant. I wonder who the ring leader is in all of this...

My other theory is that summer appears to be officially over, and that horrible season known as winter is well on it's way here. sigh. I really don't like winter, for many, many reasons that are all sound and legit. I've thought about it a lot during my "alone" time (that's time spent behind a closed bathroom door for you non-mothers), and I'm certain others will agree with me. So, I will list the reasons for which I loathe winter, and I'm anxious to hear how you "winter-lovers" deal with these problems.

1. Goosebumps...did I really JUST shave my legs?

2. Chappy lips. They hurt real bad (to be said in a Napolean Dynamite voice)

3. Socks, I hate how restricting they are on my feet. And the toe fuzz...don't get me started!

4. Dry skin that itches no matter how much lotion you slather on. Oh, and don't forget to turn the knob and open your bedroom door BEFORE you put lotion on your hands

5. Stuffing the kids into their car seats with their coats on

6. Just feeling cold

7. It's still dark when you wake up, and dark by dinner time

And, last of all......

8. Static. WHERE DOES IT ALL COME FROM???

Ahhhh, that was my rant for the week. I feel much better, now that the world knows of my strong dislikement for winter. I do feel bad about being such a pessimist...I hope I haven't brought anybody too far down, especially those who live in colder climates, like Idaho and Canada. So, to counteract my negativity, I'd better also make a list of things that make me happy, just sos ya knows I'm not ALWAYS unhappy in the wintertime. Here's my Happy List:

1. Kittens

2. The words "undeterred" and "duty"...it's all very juvenile

3. The ginormous bathtub that I dream about owning

4. Funny blogs like
this, this, or this

5. Delicious food

6. Our microwave that pops perfect popcorn

7. Modern science

And...

8. This picture of Maryn (she was too scared of falling to let go of the pole)

I just laughed a lot re-reading those. Perhaps I should save those to my computer so I can look over them on those "rainy days." You have my permission to look at my list when you feel grouchy, or you can make your own list of things that make you happy. Go at it! And be happy!

8 comments:

Chelsea said...

Oh I love winter! Summer is TOO hot!!! I am excited and it already snowed once here. Both of my kids love playing out in it. I can't wait!!! I am sorry you don't like it though!!!! Good luck!

Mbeth said...

I think every season has its charm, but why does winter have to be the longest? winter is all fine and dandy until about mid january when you realize all the good holidays are over for a while. I could use a little more spring and fall time personally. on the bright side, all those things on your happy list can pretty much be enjoyed at any time of the year.

Allison said...

Marybeth's problem is that she lives in Utah, that's why winter lasts so long.

I am sorry you don't like winter. I always welcome the change in seasons. I love the feeling of Holidays coming. The Christmas music in the stores, the feeling of crisp cold air going threw my nose and into my lung, when I step out to do some shopping. I love wearing sweater and layers, hiding my rolls. I love not having to shave my legs or worry about until Sunday after I decide if I have nylons to go with my dress. I like not painting my toenails, or worrying that my calves look too fat for shorts.

The Manwarings said...

Oh, you are just too cute! I do have to disagree, though. I absolutely love winter!! Are you forgetting snow cream? Is that what you called it?

Collette and Kevin said...

i am soooo on the same page as you and i DID grow up in canada. but i hate, hate, HATE winter. in fact, hate isn't strong enough of a word for it. and after living in beautiful, wonderful, WARM arizona, even kentucky winters are way too cold for this canuck! thanks for posting that pic of maryn, it's priceless and definitely just what this tired, exhausted puked on/pooped on mother this week needed!

bbcurfew said...

I haven't been puked on, or pooped on this week, but I am grouchy right now! I do have to say that the picture of Maryn made me laugh really hard. It's like, "I'm a superhero!... crap, how do I get down from here? Dangit, here's the camera....and now this moment is recorded forever...ugh, great..."

Dani said...

Oh....my.....gosh...... I'm so glad you posted the cakewrecks blog - I haven't laughed that hard in so long. BEST EVER!!!!

I love all the seasons well, maybe not summer when the humidity chokes you so bad you can barely breath and the sweat is rolling so fast you're leaving a trail behind you. Winter - do love it, cold and all. Cozy blankets, hot cocoa and good books! Ya!

Julie said...

First of all, let me say I LOVE my microwave popcorn setting too.... those little German microwaves just don't cut it! My kids started to think "burned" popcorn is how it's supposed to taste. Second, I couldn't agree more... SUMMER year round is my dream. I can go visit a snowy place for vacation and then go back home to warm and sunny!