Sunday, May 03, 2009

It's in the Bag

While our family was in town, Allison (my sister in law) and I managed to sneak away from husbands and kids with just their little baby, to make a trip up to the Gap Clearance Center just outside of Cincinnati. Of course, we both totally scored! Jeans for $5, women's t-shirts for $1.99...you get the idea.
Right at the front of the store they had a bin full of tank tops. I pulled on out and all I could think was, "This looks like a bag." I figured that for $1.99 it was worth a shot. Last week, with our company gone, and Kade out of town at a conference, I got a streak of ambition and started sewing. First I sewed some headbands, then sewed my tank top into a bag, then I moved on to a really big project that I finished last night. (To be shown on another post) Here is my tank top bag:

I thought it turned out pretty great. It's not perfect, I'm not that great of a seamstress, but it's functional. I found some brown lining material, and lined the inside for some strength. It was a little tricky sewing that around the straps, but the rest was easy. It's nice and big.

Now, what should I do with it?

3 comments:

Mbeth said...

how about put something in it.
btw I bought tickets and sent you the itinerary, you will get it from northwest. see ya in JUNE!

Allison said...

Wow good job! I knew you would do a good job. Now I wish I'd gotten one and just had you do it for me too.

Jessie said...

Cute bag! You are very creative!