Monday, August 24, 2009

My Vacation Part 2: Wet 'n Wild Times in Idaho

So, have you ever tried to get 13 adults (I'm counting my 18 year old nephew as an adult...???) and 19 kids to all take a family picture together? We have!! And, if you bothered to count the kids, you may note that there is a kid missing. I'm not quite sure who it was.
After our attempts at a good family picture, we played a game of baseball in my sister's backyard.




The following are just a few (or a lot) random pictures.

Jenni, April, Me, and my zit. (C'mon, don't pretend you don't notice it. I can tell it's hard not to stare!) He had a name, but I forgot what it was.

I didn't bother to fix the red eyes in this picture of my brother in law, Steve. They were all too fitting.

Ailee had the boogeriest nose ever. Apparently vacation was a great time to cut 4 teeth.

My bro-in-law, Mike.

My little sister, Marybeth, striking a pose.

Corbet, yet another bro-in-law, and my knocked up sister, Erica.

Jill and Ryan.
I'm so proud to call them family.

My Mom and Dad: Founders of this crazy group.

After games, we set up for an outdoor movie, complete with homemade root beer, snacks and a typical, cold Idaho breeze (high wind).
Ross Park in Pocatello was next on the agenda. Anything that involves water is a big hit with Maryn. That child is part fish...unless she gets water in her eyes during bath time.
Maryn and her cousin, Maddison
We ended up with a beautifully sunny day to play in the water, which was nice, because it was warm. The bad thing about a very sunny day is that any inch of you that isn't slathered with sunscreen gets burned badly. This includes your scalp. Doh!
I was going to insert a picture of my and all my hot sisters in our swim suits, but I didn't want to make all you other girls out there too self concious. You are welcome.
Ross park was pretty fun. The lazy river was a big hit:
(My brother and his family)
And, the kiddy pool was were I spent most of my time with Maryn and Ailee (seen behind me in the picture below).
Zit status: looking better!

9 comments:

Unknown said...

lol...i totally noticed the zit. :-) i've had my share of doozies too!! poor guy, he just wanted to be your friend em!! looks like you had a ton o' fun with the fam. i want to go on a lazy river...i just want to be lazy...

Collette and Kevin said...

not sure why the first post said it was by "dan"...but it was me, collette!! weird. is there some guy dan that is stalking me and using my computer when i'm not around??????

Laura Jansson said...

so fun to see pics of your fam bamily :) I can't believe how old Maddison is!!

The Grows said...

Wow i can't believe Ross Park made it onto the blog. I was just there the other day. Such a small world. We met in Germany yet I now live in Pocatello and you were just here. Crazy. Next time you are up if you have a free momment let me know; it would be great to see you again. Glad you had a fun trip.

The Grows said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
ollie said...

That picture of the Idaho sunset was beautiful! I forgot that it can actually be beautiful in Idaho. (sometimes)

btw... my zit says "Was Up" to your zit.

Mbeth said...

i like that brad looks like a gorilla in every single one of those family pictures...

Heather said...

WOW looks like you're trip continued to be a BLAST! Erica is lookins very prego in these pics...has she had that little boy yet? OH and how gorgeous is Maddi....WOW!

Jessie said...

Looks like a fun water park! I have to agree completely with your review of 17 Again! Not only that it was good, but that Zac Efron is easy on the eyes!